Gold prices eased on Wednesday as the euro ran into profit-taking and stock markets dipped, with the previous day's burst of sharper risk appetite running out of steam after German economic data fell short of expectations.
By Christine Kim and Rujun Shen
South Korea boosted its gold holdings by nearly a third in July, buying 16 tonnes as part of the central bank's efforts to diversify its massive foreign exchange reserves.
By Euan Rocha
Canadian miner Kinross Gold Corp named Paul Rollinson its new Chief Executive late on Wednesday, replacing long-time CEO Tye Burt, who spearheaded its massive acquisition of Red Back Mining that has so far failed to live up to expectations.
By Melanie Burton
London copper edged up on Friday, but prices were still set for their biggest weekly loss in two months after European Central Bank inaction disappointed markets and as worries over global growth dragged on the outlook for metals.
Morning Gold Market Report 09:52 am
Morning Silver Market Report 09:51 am
Morning Platinum Market Report 09:50 am
- 08:47 pm Gold Eases from One-week High; Some Banks Restart Imports Read more
- 10:16 pm Two charts that gold traders shouldn’t miss Read more
- 10:38 pm Gold and Silver Break down Brief Consolidation Read more
- 09:49 pm GOLD: Loses Upside Steam Read more
- 01:51 am Belgian Central Bank Says 25 Tons Or 10% of Gold Reserves on Loan Read more
- 11:01 pm Gold Trading in a Range with Range: US GDP and NFP to Provide Breakout Fuel Read more
- Eureka! Leaves of Eucalyptus Trees Will Aid Miners Pot of Gold
It may be difficult to believe, but a team of Australian researchers from CSIRO has found that in dry conditions, eucalyptus trees, as they search for moisture, can actually point to miners the location of massive gold deposits just by looking at their leaves.
- New Indian Import Tariffs Hurt Dubai Gold Trade
- Global Prices of Gold Possible to Jump as Industrywide Workers’ Strike Looms at South Africa
- Gold Steady after Slide as Ukraine Fears Ease
Gold was little changed on Wednesday following sharp overnight losses as safe-haven buying cooled on easing fears of imminent military action by Russia in Ukraine.
- India Tightens Checks to Curb Gold Smuggling
- Gold Jumps more than 1 Percent on Crisis in Ukraine
- Gold Heads for Biggest Monthly Gain Since July
Gold was little changed on Friday but was on track for its biggest monthly gain since July after investors and speculators chased prices higher on concerns about the pace of the U.S. economy and unrest in Ukraine.
- Gold Steadies after Volatile Trade; Near Four-month High
- Gold Holds Near Four-month High on China Growth, Ukraine Worries