Gold prices eased on Wednesday as the euro ran into profit-taking and stock markets dipped, with the previous day's burst of sharper risk appetite running out of steam after German economic data fell short of expectations.
By Christine Kim and Rujun Shen
South Korea boosted its gold holdings by nearly a third in July, buying 16 tonnes as part of the central bank's efforts to diversify its massive foreign exchange reserves.
By Euan Rocha
Canadian miner Kinross Gold Corp named Paul Rollinson its new Chief Executive late on Wednesday, replacing long-time CEO Tye Burt, who spearheaded its massive acquisition of Red Back Mining that has so far failed to live up to expectations.
By Melanie Burton
London copper edged up on Friday, but prices were still set for their biggest weekly loss in two months after European Central Bank inaction disappointed markets and as worries over global growth dragged on the outlook for metals.
Morning Gold Market Report 09:52 am
Morning Silver Market Report 09:51 am
Morning Platinum Market Report 09:50 am
- 02:41 pm Gold Steady on Ukraine Tensions; Asian Physical Demand Eyed Read more
- 02:59 pm Gold Holds Below $1,300 on Easing Ukraine Concerns Read more
- 02:25 pm Gold Near Three-week High as Ukraine Fighting Boosts Safe-haven Bids Read more
- 02:16 pm Gold Below $1,300, Strong U.S. Data Offsets Ukraine Tensions Read more
- 02:45 pm Gold Hovers Near 2-1/2 Month Lows on Firm Equities, Fund Outflows Read more
- 02:08 pm Gold Extends Losses to Fourth Session; Fund Outflows Continue Read more
- Eureka! Leaves of Eucalyptus Trees Will Aid Miners Pot of Gold
It may be difficult to believe, but a team of Australian researchers from CSIRO has found that in dry conditions, eucalyptus trees, as they search for moisture, can actually point to miners the location of massive gold deposits just by looking at their leaves.
- New Indian Import Tariffs Hurt Dubai Gold Trade
- Global Prices of Gold Possible to Jump as Industrywide Workers’ Strike Looms at South Africa
- British Beach Folkestone Yields Gold Bars
At least a family and a group of three friends have struck rich after finding gold bars on Folkestone beach as part of the coastal town's third triennial arts festival.
- Worldwide Appetite for Gold Slumps 16% in 2Q 2014 – WGC
- Gold in China: 127-Tonne Gold Reserves Tapped in Xinjiang
- Honduran Gold Mine Caves in; 8 Rescued, 3 Remain Trapped (PHOTOS)
At least three people remain trapped when a gold mine in southern Honduras caved-in on Wednesday. Eight have been successfully rescued.
- Chinese Govt Tightens Control on Gold to Curb Imports, Could Drop 400T from 2013 – Report
- US California Couple Sells 1,400 Rare Gold Coins Found in Backyard, Now Millionaires