"Game of Thrones" Season 4, Episode 5, titled "First of His Name," airs on HBO this Sunday, May 4. GOT fans can also watch this week's new episode on HBO Go. Daenerys Targaryen frees Meereen. Arya Stark is still with The Hound. Tyrion Lannister tells his brother Jaime what to do. The White Walkers celebrate an offering.
Spoilers alert: This feature contains major spoilers on Game of Thrones Season 4. "Future" developments in George R.R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" book series are mentioned. Read at your own risk.
What happens in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5? Daenerys talks of taking King's Landing. Tommen (Dean-Charles Chapman), who may have developed a crush on Margaery Tyrell (Natalie Dormer) is crowned king. Queen Regent Cersei Lannister (Lena Headey) is about to get more furious at Margaery. Watch the HBO promo video here or play the clip below.
GOT Spoilers and Updates: Daenerys, Arya, Tyrion, Bran, Jon Snow, and the White Walkers' Night's King
- In GOT S4E4, the "Mother of Dragons," Daenerys Targaryen (Emilia Clarke), liberates Meereen. HBO foreshadows a brewing problem involving the growing dragons. In "A Storm of Swords," Daeny discovers a reason to doubt the loyalty of Ser Jorah Mormont (Iain Glen).
- The long journey of Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) with Sandor Clegane aka The Hound (Rory McCann) is bound to end. Arya reuniting with Needle in Game of Thrones Season 4 means death is very close to The Hound, and Arya will soon be Braavos-bound on HBO. This is when she says "Valar Morghulis" again.
- Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage), imprisoned over the death of the vicious King Joffrey (Jack Gleeson), asks his brother Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) to set him free in Game of Thrones Season 4. In 'Storm,' Jaime does this only after the trial; soon after which, Tyrion kills his father Tywin (Charles Dance). Shae (Sibel Kekilli) dies, too.
- In Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4 ("Oathkeeper"), the White Walkers are seen in a ritual with a Craster baby. Rumours brewed viewers saw the "Night's King" in the centre of the ceremony. The buzz across social media sites was that HBO's original synopsis stated "the Night's King greets the infant." [In 'Storm,' Bran Stark (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) recalls Old Nan's tales about the Night's King - that he is a Stark of Winterfell.]
- In Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 4, Jon Snow (Kit Harington) launches his mission to Craster's Keep, unaware that Bran, Hodor (Kristian Nairn), Jojen (Thomas Brodie-Sangster), and Meera (Ellie Kendrick) are captured there.
Bran Stark and Jon Snow in GRRM's books and on HBO
Game of Thrones Season 4 is fast tracking the overlapping story of Bran and Jon. Their intertwined arc on HBO at this point is very different from their stories in Martin's 'Song' books. For one, in the books, Samwell Tarly (John Bradley) keeps his promise of never telling Jon about his encounter with Bran.
Meanwhile, fans who know of Tywin Lannister's imminent death look forward to seeing Tyrion kill his father. This does not happen (yet) in Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5. However, everything is moving forward (others much faster than in the books). So this week's new episode is another must-watch.
WATCH: Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5 ('First of His Name') Promo Video | HBO on YouTube Videos
Game of Thrones Season 4 airs Sundays on HBO. The next new episode, "The Laws of God and Men," airs May 11.
More TV Guide and Spoiler Features
'Game of Thrones' Season 4, Ep 4 Spoilers: Varys, Jaime Help Tyrion in 'Oathkeeper' -- Another 'Shocking' Death in Westeros? [Watch Promo Video] 'Game of Thrones' Season 4, Episode 3 Review, Spoilers: Controversial 'Rape' Scene; King Joffrey Suspects Shortlist [Watch GOT 3x4 Promo Video]