Several reports claim that Floyd Mayweather had allegedly kidnapped and beat two of his employees after the latter had been suspected to have stolen some of his jewelries in his Las Vegas home. However, Las Vegas police authorities think that the report is nothing but a rumour. Is it just really a hoax report?
TMZ was one of the news outlets that broke the story of Mayweather's alleged kidnapping and beating incident. The popular celebrity gossip Web site even reported a follow-up article that shows the X-ray pictures of the supposed victims, but according to the New York Daily News, the report is nothing but a rumour at this point in time. A police spokesman of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) told the news Web site that they are not doing any investigations of the said incident.
Laura Meltzer, a public information officer for the LVMPD, said that they did not receive any complain, which means that there is possibly not really any existing criminal offense against Mayweather. Ms Meltzer said that she has been trying to end the rumour and put it to rest for a week now. She said that they have had a series of reports, stating that the alleged incident transpired. However, the supposed victims had not approach them to give information and even file a criminal report.
"So if this event occurred, it's something where the victim has not come forward to the police to make an official complaint," said Ms Meltzer.
Ms Meltzer went on and said that there are currently no investigations ongoing. She said that the bureau commander is not aware of any complaint against Mayweather that has been formally filed. She said that even if the incident did occur, the victims' decision not to come out is something that they have no control over. Furthermore, Ms Meltzer said that regardless if the victims have already hired a representation as cited on the TMZ report, their lawyers are not going to be able to file a criminal complaint on their behalf.
"There is no criminal complaint on file so there is no reason to contact Mr Mayweather," she concluded.
Mayweather, on the other hand, seems to be indifferent of the rumour. He neither release any statement nor address the issue even on his social media accounts. The undefeated boxer, who will face Argentinian Marcos Maidana on May 3, took some time off his training and participated in a charity work, feeding the homeless over the weekend.