Although the highly anticipated movie is set to premiere on February 2015, the newly released trailer is good enough for fans that eagerly waits for some tidbits about the movie. Universal Pictures' presentation at Cinemacon in Las Vegas recently released a five-minute long preview that features never-before-seen footage from "Fifty Shades of Grey."
"Nobody outside the studio has seen a frame of footage," says Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley after the presentation's biggest reveal. Many critics during the Cinemacon were caught by surprise by the preview as they expect it to be raunchy, but the tamed trailer managed focus more on the romance rather than erotica.
With its meaningful looks and lighthearted flirting, the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trailer promises to give fans a blush with a twist of kinkiness. Here are the five things you need to know about the "Fifty Shades of Grey" sexy new preview.
1. Famous book quotes are included in the script. Yes, that's right. All the heart melting quotes are included in the movie and the trailer features one of the book's notable quotes that features Christian Grey played by Jamie Dornan uttering the phrases, "Hearts and flowers are not who I am," and "My tastes are very singular."
2. Instead of being kinky, the short preview is surprisingly PG despite the previous speculation that the film could be released in both R-rated and X-rated versions. Critics in attendance say that the feature is more heartfelt and sweet.
3. Described as "Twilight-esque." "I don't want to use the words 'sappy' and 'cheesy.' It looked like 'Twilight' with S&M in it." "It's not going to be a good movie, but it's going to do very well," says reporter Sheldon Demke.
4. Notable Cameos. For those fans who followed the "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy, Charlie Tango, Grey's beloved helicopter has made a cameo on the trailer, including Ana Steele's best friend Kate Kavanagh played by Eloise Mumford. Some fans are quite disappointed that Grey's famous "red room of pain" did not make it but that is something to look forward to in the next trailer.
5. Jaime Dornan and Dakota Johnson's chemistry. There is no doubt that the two gorgeous lead stars have something going on between them. According to The Wrap, Langley described the two lead star as "brave" and "bold," and she even called them "the next iconic screen romance."