Just as everyone thought (and wished) that Donald Sterling will just go away, the embattled Los Angeles Clippers owner is not going down without a fight after all. In a 180-degree turn yet again, Sterling is reportedly pursuing the $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA and NBA commissioner Adam Silver.
In a letter titled “The Team is not for Sale” published on ESPN.com on Monday, Sterling revealed the change of heart and will ”withdraw his support for the sale of the team negotiated by his wife.”
“I believe that Adam Silver acted in haste by illegally ordering the forced sale of the Clippers, banning me for life from the NBA and imposing the fine. Adam Silver's conduct in doing so without conducting any real investigation was wrong,” started Sterling, who also apologized for his misdeeds in the letter.
“I have decided that I must fight to protect my rights. While my position may not be popular, I believe that my rights to privacy and the preservation of my rights to due process should not be trampled.”
Max Blecher, the attorney who represents Sterling in the case, also added that indeed, “the deal is off”
Just last week as reported as well in here in IBTimes, Sterling said in statement that the he is giving the go-signal to his wife, Shelly Sterling to proceed with the franchise sale to the group of former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
"I feel fabulous, I feel very good," Sterling told the media about the purported sale. "Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it's good. It's all good.”
With the recent turn of events, apparently the fight between Sterling and the NBA is not over.