Johnny Lee Banks Jr of Birmingham filed a lawsuit on Tuesday at the Jefferson County Circuit Court against the Princeton Baptist Medical Center for malpractice.
Police in Vancouver, Canada raided a medical marijuana store on Thursday for allegedly selling illegal recreational marijuana to the neighbourhood youth. The store was Jim's Weed Lounge.
The family of a 90-year-old woman Genevieve Calandro has been awarded $14 million by a Middlesex County Jury. In August 2008, she was rushed to the hospital after falling from a wheel chair at a Danvers nursing home.
Law enforcement agencies and moralists would surely disagree with the proposal to decriminalise prostitution, which got a major support from a credible publication.
Health Canada has ordered processors and sellers of mechanically tenderized beef meat to label their packages effective August 21.
In the Spotlight
Reportedly, incidents of wire-cutting by aggrieved strikers have interfered with the phone services of thousands of customers between Virginia and Massachusetts.
M&A | Dealsmore
- RBS to close 4 M&A deals in MENA in 2012
Royal Bank of Scotland <RBS.L> hopes to close four acquisiton deals in the Middle East and North Africa next year worth more than...
- Olympus says panel finds no criminal links yet in M&A deals
- Olympus: Panel finds no criminal links yet in M&A deals
- Olympus: Panel Finds No Criminal Links yet in M&A Deals
- Olympus: Panel Finds no Criminal Links yet in M&A Deals
Bribery & Corruptionmore
- Corrupt Ex-Cop Gordon Stanley Meyer Receives Home Detention Instead Of Jail Sentence
Former Christchurch police officer Gordon Stanley Meyer has avoided a jail sentence. The disgraced cop was instead sentenced to nine mo...
- China's Bo Xilai Goes on Trial, Culmination of Dramatic Fall
- F1 Boss Bernie Ecclestone Faces Bribe Charges over $1.7bn CVC Deal [VIDEO]
- Libor Fixing and Mis-Selling: Labour Calls for Whistleblower Immunity
- Ehud Olmert, Former Israeli PM, Indicted on More Bribery Charges
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
A widow from Florida, Cynthia Robinson, won $23.6 billion in a lawsuit against the second-largest tobacco company in the United Stated, R.J. Reynolds.
- PS4 Firmware Update 1.75 Brings Blu-Ray and More, Now TV App Already Here and Sony’s $15 Million Settlement
- Pilot won Over Travolta Disclosure Case
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Agrees To Pay $190 Million To Settle Gynaecology Scandal
- Former Miss Delaware Sues for $3 Million – Wants to Compete in Miss America Pageant
Intellectual Property Lawmore
- Apple Calls for Cut in US Corporate Tax Rate
Apple CEO Tim Cook has called for the US government to slash corporate tax rates before it will repatriate its $100bn in offshore savings.
- U.S. agriculture wary as Monsanto heads to Supreme Court
- YouTube Yanks Romney Campaign Ad After Copyright Complaint
- LinkedIn breach puts site's reputation on the line
- Microsoft to pay US$388 Million to Australian Inventor?
- Carl Icahn Speaks on Insider Trading with Phil Mickelson and William Walters
Activist Carl Icahn denies being investigated on insider trading with Phil Mickelson and William Walters
- Sydney man charged with insider trading – ASIC
- U.S. Alleges Insider Trading in eBay Deal
- Brazilian Tycoon Batista Investigated for Financial Crimes - Reports
- Ex-Goldman Sachs Director Gupta Starts Prison Term on 17 June
- Daredevil Casting News: Deborah Ann Woll Plays Karen Page
Deborah Ann Woll will reportedly be cast in the role of Karen Page in the upcoming Netflix TV series "Daredevil." The actress...
- 'Suits' Season 4 Recap Episode 1: Harvey, Mike Begin their Street Fight in 'One, Two, Three, Go' [Spoilers]
- ‘I Didn't Know Sex With Children Was a Crime:’ Archbishop Robert Carlson
- Thousands of Investors Consider $200M Class Action Suit Against CBA for Bad Financial Advice; Construction Firm Leighton Reaches $69.4M Class Action Settlement
- Google Faces Lawsuit For OEMs Making 'Google Search' as Default in Mobiles