Grammy-winner Bruno Mars is floating on cloud nine with his sold out "The Moonshine Jungle Tour" which is currently ongoing after his widely talked about Super Bowl performance. The singer-songwriter tour began on June 22, 2013 and will continue through Sept. 6, 2014, and now he is scheduled to stop by his mother's home country the Philippines on March 22 at the Mall of Asia Arena.
In support of his second studio album, "Unorthodox Jukebox," Mars or Peter Hernandez in real life announced that his "Moonshine Jungle Tour" will include Australia in February and March 2014. The former Elvis Presley's impersonator have a total of 13 stops in Asia, 37 concerts in Europe, 93 shows in North America and 10 in Oceania, with a total of 149 shows by the end of Sept. 6.
Here are the five things to know about Bruno Mars' "Moonshine Jungle Tour."
1. "The Moonshine Jungle Tour" was ranked 23 among the Top 25 Tours of 2013 with 44 sellout shows out of 48 concerts in North America, with a gross of $46,417,795. Early this year, Bruno announced his second leg in North America with 35 more concerts scheduled in the U.S. and six in Canada.
2. While preparing for his shows, Mars' manager Brandon Creed that the singer is more excited than nervous. "He spends a lot of time rehearsing and preparing, and directing and doing choreography, everything," Creed revealed. "It's all him... He takes it from the past and brings it to today. Wait 'til you see the tour."
3. The show's ticket sale spiked up after "Locked Out of Heaven" was a huge success and Bruno's team took advantage of the hype and book more shows. "It's the type of song that really motivates people to purchase a ticket. It has that live element to it; it was a very active track," says John Marx in an interview with Billboard.biz.
4. To give audience and fans a sneak peek of his tour, the part-Filipino singer released a promotional trailer ad behind-the-scenes footage of the tour and it was released though Mars' official YouTube channel and website.
5. The Boston Globe's Sarah Rodman gave "The Moonshine Jungle Tour" a critically positive review and highlighted the singer's "ecstatic approach to performing." The review reads: "The energy never flagged as Mars displayed his flair for dramatics and classic showmanship, twisting, thrusting, and shimmying through retro soul jams. Mars has chosen his band wisely as they not only bring his music to life but match his enthusiasm and hit every step alongside the boss."
Bruno Mars "The Moonshine Shine Jungle Tour" upcoming shows.
Mar 20 - Bangkok, Thailand - Impact Arena
Mar 22 - Pasay City, Philippines - Mall of Asia Arena (A Portion of Proceeds from this Show Will Benefit Typhoon Haiyan/Yolanda Relief)
Mar 24 - Jakarta, Indonesia - MEIS Ancol
Mar 26 - Singapore, Singapore - Singapore Indoor Stadium
Mar 29 - Hong Kong, China - Asia World Arena
Mar 30 - Hong Kong, China - Asia World Arena
Apr 1 - Taipei City, Taiwan - Taipei World Trade Center
Apr 8 - Seoul, South Korea - Gymnastic Gymnasium
Apr 10 - Osaka, Japan - Municipal Central Gymnasium
Apr 12 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Messe
Apr 13 - Tokyo, Japan - Tokyo Messe
Apr 18 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena
Apr 19 - Honolulu, HI - Blaisdell Arena
May 27 - Fresno, CA - Save Mart Center w/ Aloe Blacc
May 28 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
May 31 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl w/ Special Guest Pharrell Williams
Jun 1 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl w/ Special Guest Pharrell Williams
Jun 4 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 6 - Memphis, TN - Fedex Forum w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 7 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 10 - North Little Rock, AR - Verizon Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 11 - Birmingham, AL - Birmingham Jefferson County Civic Center Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 13 - Columbia, SC - Colonial Life Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 14 - Raleigh, NC - PNC Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 17 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 18 - Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 20 - Tinley Park, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 21 - Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 23 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 25 - Milwaukee, WI - Summerfest w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 27 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 28 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jun 30 - Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center w/ Aloe Blacc
Jul 2 - Boston, MA - TD Garden w/ Aloe Blacc
Jul 05 - Birmingham, UK - Wireless Festival
Jul 6 - London, UK - Wireless Festival
Jul 9 - Hartford, CT - Xfinity Theatre w/ Aloe Blacc
Jul 11 - Bristow, VA - Jiffy Lube Live w/ Aloe Blacc
Jul 12 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium
Jul 14 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden w/ Special Guest Pharrell Williams
Jul 15 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden w/ Special Guest Pharrell Williams
Jul 17 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center w/ Aloe Blacc
Jul 18 - Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena w/ Aloe Blacc
Jul 20 - Albany, NY - Times Union Center w/ Aloe Blacc
Jul 23 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre w/ Special Guest Pharrell Williams
Jul 24 - Ottawa, ON - Canadian Tire Centre w/ Special Guest Pharrell Williams
Jul 26 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre w/ Special Guest Pharrell Williams
Aug 2 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
Aug 3 - Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre
Aug 5 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
Aug 8 - Squamish, BC - Squamish Valley Music Festival
Aug 9 - George, WA - The Gorge Amphitheater
Aug 11 - Eugene, OR - Matthew Knight Arena
Aug 14 - Stateline, NV - Harveys Lake Tahoe Outdoor Arena
Aug 15 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center at San Jose
Aug 17 - Englewood, CO - Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre
Aug 30 - Curacao - North Sea Jazz Festival, Piscadera Bay
Sept 2 - Mexico City - Arena Ciudad de Mexico
Sept 3 - Mexico City - Arena Ciudad de Mexico
Sept 5 - Monterrey - Arena Monterrey
Sept 6 - Monterrey - Arena Monterrey