Motorola Takes Shots At iPad, Galaxy Tab
By Gabriel Perna | December 21, 2010 2:05 PM EST
Motorola did not mince words against competitors in a video promoting the release of its upcoming tablet computer.
The Schaumburg, Ill.-based company sent out a video to various media members titled "Tablet Evolution," which teases an announcement at the Consumer Electronics Show in January. The video goes through a virtual hall highlighting all the tablets throughout history, including Egyptian Hieroglyphics, the Ten Commandments, the Rosetta Stone all the way through to the iPad and Samsung Galaxy Tab. It makes critical remarks of each.
On the iPad, the video from Motorola says, "It's like a giant iPhone...but, it's like a giant iPhone." For the Samsung Galaxy Tab, it says, "The Samsung Galaxy Tab has "Android OS, but ... Android OS for a phone."
It then teases the reveal of a seemingly new tablet computer from Motorola. At the end, a bee flies around the Motorola logo, suggesting to some that the company will use Google's tablet-friendly Honeybee operating system.
Motorola, Apple and Samsung did not respond to calls for comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast