Stephanie Rice best represents looking, feeling awesome: survey
By John Dorian | November 30, 2010 5:45 PM EST
Australian swimmer Stephanie Rice is the top choice of Australia's youth aged 18-24 when asked who best represents looking and feeling awesome. This was revealed in a new survey commissioned by Clearasil's Secrets of Looking Awesome Web site.
Australian youths aged 18-24 rated Rice as the top choice, with 34% of respondents saying the 2008 Olympics gold medalist best represents both looking and feeling awesome. Rice easily beat out Australian celebrity Isabel Lucas (28%), songstress Jessica Mauboy (25%), and TV actress Jessica Marais (13%).
"I think it's quite telling that Australian youth would choose the sporty natural beauty of Stephanie Rice over a pretty impressive group of Australian actresses and singers as someone who not only represents looking their best but also feeling their best as well," said Laura Andon, a former professional surfer speaking for Clearasil.
"As someone who works closely with young adults as a PE teacher, I think that Gen Y inherently knows the benefits of exercise and maintaining a positive body image."
The survey also found that that Australian youth aged 18-24, dubbed by Clearasil as "Gen Y" believe that hard work, including exercise and eating a balanced diet reap the best beauty and body benefits with 55% reporting that exercise, and 35% reporting eating a balanced diet are the keys to looking to their best this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide