Stephanie Rice best represents looking, feeling awesome: survey
By John Dorian | November 30, 2010 5:45 PM EST
Australian swimmer Stephanie Rice is the top choice of Australia's youth aged 18-24 when asked who best represents looking and feeling awesome. This was revealed in a new survey commissioned by Clearasil's Secrets of Looking Awesome Web site.
Australian youths aged 18-24 rated Rice as the top choice, with 34% of respondents saying the 2008 Olympics gold medalist best represents both looking and feeling awesome. Rice easily beat out Australian celebrity Isabel Lucas (28%), songstress Jessica Mauboy (25%), and TV actress Jessica Marais (13%).
"I think it's quite telling that Australian youth would choose the sporty natural beauty of Stephanie Rice over a pretty impressive group of Australian actresses and singers as someone who not only represents looking their best but also feeling their best as well," said Laura Andon, a former professional surfer speaking for Clearasil.
"As someone who works closely with young adults as a PE teacher, I think that Gen Y inherently knows the benefits of exercise and maintaining a positive body image."
The survey also found that that Australian youth aged 18-24, dubbed by Clearasil as "Gen Y" believe that hard work, including exercise and eating a balanced diet reap the best beauty and body benefits with 55% reporting that exercise, and 35% reporting eating a balanced diet are the keys to looking to their best this summer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)