‘NHL 15' For PS3, PS4, Xbox One And Xbox 360 Set For Release On Sept. 9, 2014: Coincides With 'Destiny' Launch [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | September 5, 2014 10:59 PM EST
"NHL 15" from EA sports is a hockey simulation video game about the National Hockey League, or NHL. It will be released on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014 and it will coincide with the "Destiny" video game launch. "NHL 15" will be available for the PlayStation 3, or "PS3," "PS4," Xbox One and Xbox 360. The cover of the game will feature Patrice Bergeron, the Boston Bruins professional ice hockey centre and alternate captain. Read on to learn more about it.
Studio General Manager at EA Sports Dean Richards demonstrates "NHL 15" at the Electronic Arts (EA) World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview press conference at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, California, June 9, 2014. The event takes place on the eve of the annual three-day Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) video game conference.
According to EA Sports, "NHL 15" will have exciting features in store for its fans. Below is a list of it.
1. 12 Player NHL Collision Physics - allows player pileups, secondary collisions and net scrambles to happen in the game.
2. Real Puck Physics - realistic puck movements including unpredictable rolls, bounces and movements.
3. Authentic Player and Equipment Models - Players with hockey gears that have dynamic cloth technology that move like real fabric.
4. Authentic NHL arenas - 30 real NHL arenas were recreated for the game.
5. Unprecedented Player Likeness - Lifelike players.
6. Superstar Skill Stick - An intuitive right stick control scheme that allows players to handle the hockey stick better.
7. NBC Sports Game Day Presentation - Teamed up with NBC Sports to feature a broadcast package similar to "The NHL on NBC broadcasts."
8. New Commentary Team - Featuring NBC Sports commentators Ed "Eddie" Olczyk and Mike "Doc" Emrick, plus TSN analyst Ray Ferraro who will give the game insights at ice level.
9. Living crowds - realistic fans in the crowds including those who hold signs and wear outrageous costumes.
10. Vision AI - features evolved awareness that allows players to read and react to potential plays.
11. Group celebration - allows goal scorers to celebrate with teammates.
12. Ultimate Edition - An exclusive edition of "NHL 15" that costs an additional $10 and includes special content for the "Ultimate Team" mode.
13. Create Team - allows "NHL 15" players to create their own teams.
"NHL 15" Teams and Leagues:
2. American Hockey League, or AHL
3. Swedish Hockey League, or SHL
4. Liiga (Finland)
5. National League A, or NLA (Switzerland)
6. Deutsche Eishockey Liga, or DEL (German Ice Hockey League)
7. Czech Extraliga (Czech Republic)
8. Canadian Hockey League, or CHL
a. Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, or QMJHL
b. Ontario Hockey League, or OHL
c. Western Hockey League, or WHL
9. Two teams from the CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game
10. Maximum-ranked "Legends" team
New "NHL 15" Teams:
1. Djurgårdens IF (SHL)
2. Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL)
3. Adirondack Flames (AHL)
4. Arizona Coyotes (renamed from Phoenix Coyotes)
5. Sport (Vaasa)
Click HERE to pre-order the "NHL 15" for For PS3, PS4, Xbox One and Xbox 360 from the EA Sports official website. Those who will pre-order the game will get a $15 value of Hockey Ultimate Team content. Retailers of "NHL 15" include Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Walmart and GameStop.
Meanwhile, EA Sports NHL recently posted the message below on its official Twitter account.
For more updates about "NHL 15" and other news about gaming, technology, entertainment, finance, science, health, sports and economics, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch The "NHL 15" Official Gameplay Trailer - Gamescom 2014 Below:
Watch The "NHL 15" Gameplay Series: New Commentary Team Video Below:
Watch The "NHL 15": Feelings Video Below:
READ MORE ABOUT GAMING:
To contact the editor, e-mail: