‘Planetary Annihilation' For PC Set For Release On Sept. 5, 2014: Check Out The System Requirements And User Reviews [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | September 5, 2014 7:56 PM EST
"Planetary Annihilation" for PC is a real-time strategy, or "RTS" video game from Uber Entertainment that will be released on Friday, Sept. 5, 2014. It can be played using various platforms including Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. Read on to learn more about it.
People play computer games during the Taipei Game Show 2009 in Taipei, February 12, 2009. The Taipei Game Show 2009 will last from February 12 to 16.
According to Uber Entertainment, "Planetary Annihilation" for PC is all about colonizing solar systems and annihilating planets by battling it out with several players. Its Alpha version was launched on June 14, 2013. Then, the Beta version was released on Sept. 26, 2013. After that came the launch of the Gamma version on Feb. 27, 2014. The game's version that will be launched on Sept. 5, 2014 will be the final one.
It has a lot of exciting features to watch out for including a multiplayer mode that allows up to ten friends (or enemies) to play with or against each other and the ability to blow up anything from anywhere using high tech machines and an asteroid. It is also highly customisable wherein players can create their own rulesets, new units, maps, gametypes, etc.
Below is a list of the system requirements to play "Planetary Annihilation" (Additional requirements still to be set):
1. Windows Vista, 7 or 8, Mac OS/X 10.7+ or Linux (64-bit version for Mac and Linux, but 32-bit is supported in Windows)
2. Dual core processor
3. Internet connection for internet connected gameplay
4. Open GL capable video card with Shader 3.0 support
5. DX11 capable card
6. For discrete graphics (ATI/Nvidia): At least 1GB of dedicated system memory is recommended.
7. For UMA integrated graphics such as Intel HD 3000/4000): At least 4GB of system memory is recommended.
According to Metacritic, "Planetary Annihilation" obtained an 8.4 user score. It had 31 positive reviews, four negative reviews and three mixed reviews. Here are some of the comments that users posted on Metacritic.
"Planetary Annihilation is simply an awesome, "epic scale" Real Time Strategy Game. Notice I said "epic scale," not "large scale," Metacritic user brianpurkiss posted on the site.
"Planetary Annihilation" for PC is available on Steam for $29.99 USD (Early Access). Click HERE to buy it.
For more updates about "Planetary Annihilation," as well as other news about gaming, technology, entertainment, business, science, finance, health, economy, sports and space, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch The "Planetary Annihilation" Launch Trailer Below:
READ MORE ABOUT GAMING:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports