‘Planetary Annihilation' For PC Set For Release On Sept. 5, 2014: Check Out The System Requirements And User Reviews [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | September 5, 2014 7:56 PM EST
"Planetary Annihilation" for PC is a real-time strategy, or "RTS" video game from Uber Entertainment that will be released on Friday, Sept. 5, 2014. It can be played using various platforms including Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. Read on to learn more about it.
People play computer games during the Taipei Game Show 2009 in Taipei, February 12, 2009. The Taipei Game Show 2009 will last from February 12 to 16.
According to Uber Entertainment, "Planetary Annihilation" for PC is all about colonizing solar systems and annihilating planets by battling it out with several players. Its Alpha version was launched on June 14, 2013. Then, the Beta version was released on Sept. 26, 2013. After that came the launch of the Gamma version on Feb. 27, 2014. The game's version that will be launched on Sept. 5, 2014 will be the final one.
It has a lot of exciting features to watch out for including a multiplayer mode that allows up to ten friends (or enemies) to play with or against each other and the ability to blow up anything from anywhere using high tech machines and an asteroid. It is also highly customisable wherein players can create their own rulesets, new units, maps, gametypes, etc.
Below is a list of the system requirements to play "Planetary Annihilation" (Additional requirements still to be set):
1. Windows Vista, 7 or 8, Mac OS/X 10.7+ or Linux (64-bit version for Mac and Linux, but 32-bit is supported in Windows)
2. Dual core processor
3. Internet connection for internet connected gameplay
4. Open GL capable video card with Shader 3.0 support
5. DX11 capable card
6. For discrete graphics (ATI/Nvidia): At least 1GB of dedicated system memory is recommended.
7. For UMA integrated graphics such as Intel HD 3000/4000): At least 4GB of system memory is recommended.
According to Metacritic, "Planetary Annihilation" obtained an 8.4 user score. It had 31 positive reviews, four negative reviews and three mixed reviews. Here are some of the comments that users posted on Metacritic.
"Planetary Annihilation is simply an awesome, "epic scale" Real Time Strategy Game. Notice I said "epic scale," not "large scale," Metacritic user brianpurkiss posted on the site.
"Planetary Annihilation" for PC is available on Steam for $29.99 USD (Early Access). Click HERE to buy it.
For more updates about "Planetary Annihilation," as well as other news about gaming, technology, entertainment, business, science, finance, health, economy, sports and space, keep reading International Business Times.
Watch The "Planetary Annihilation" Launch Trailer Below:
READ MORE ABOUT GAMING:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Tips For LG Nexus 5: Notifications, Accessibility, Privacy And Saving Battery
- Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5 And Sony Xperia Z4: Top Things Unveiled So Far
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Apple Watch: Works Only With The iPhone And The Confusing Apple WatchKit Software
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports