Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' Tops Billboard Chart
By Pooja Bhagat | September 5, 2014 6:48 PM EST
Ariana Grande's second album, 'My Everything', is an instant hit and has reached the number 1 position in the Billboard chart. This achievement has made the singer one of the leading musicians of her generation.
REUTERS/Fred Thornhill .
Ariana Grande's second album saw record number of sales in the first week of its release. File photo/REUTERS/Fred Thornhill .
'My Everything' is the second consecutive album of Grande that reached the top slot. Her first album, 'Yours Truly', was also an instant hit and reached the same position last year. This feat has secured Grande's reputation as one of the top pop queens aligned with celebrities such as Beyoncé, Britney Spears and Norah Jones.
Her second album, which was released on August 25, has been received well by the music critics. As per Huffington Post, the singer is vouched as the next best thing in the music world. The record sale of 169,000 copies in its opening week is perceived as a guarantee of the singer's staying power in the music industry.
The singer has been constantly featured in the news after the release of her debut album in September 2013. Throughout the year, the singer dominated the music world through her chart busting singles. She is also one of the four women to have her three single numbers, 'Problem', 'Break Free' and 'Bang Bang', in the top ten at the same time.
After the success of her second album, Grande is now considered at par with topnotch singers in the industry. As reported by Vox, all five albums of Beyoncé have debuted at number 1 while six of Britney Spears' eight released album debuted and landed on the top spot. Norah Jones and Alicia Keys have three albums that debuted and ranked as number 1. With the success of her second album, Grande is now the latest entrant to this exclusive club.
Moreover, Grande is the first woman to debut with two different number 1 albums since 2010. The last singer who achieved such feat was Susan Boyle with albums 'Dreamed a Dream' released in 2009 and 'The Gift' which came out in 2010.
Apart from the abovementioned female musicians, other singers who achieved back to back number 1 albums are Justin Bieber, Jay Z, Luke Bryan and Lil Wayne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’