Ariana Grande's 'My Everything' Tops Billboard Chart
By Pooja Bhagat | September 5, 2014 6:48 PM EST
Ariana Grande's second album, 'My Everything', is an instant hit and has reached the number 1 position in the Billboard chart. This achievement has made the singer one of the leading musicians of her generation.
REUTERS/Fred Thornhill .
Ariana Grande's second album saw record number of sales in the first week of its release. File photo/REUTERS/Fred Thornhill .
'My Everything' is the second consecutive album of Grande that reached the top slot. Her first album, 'Yours Truly', was also an instant hit and reached the same position last year. This feat has secured Grande's reputation as one of the top pop queens aligned with celebrities such as Beyoncé, Britney Spears and Norah Jones.
Her second album, which was released on August 25, has been received well by the music critics. As per Huffington Post, the singer is vouched as the next best thing in the music world. The record sale of 169,000 copies in its opening week is perceived as a guarantee of the singer's staying power in the music industry.
The singer has been constantly featured in the news after the release of her debut album in September 2013. Throughout the year, the singer dominated the music world through her chart busting singles. She is also one of the four women to have her three single numbers, 'Problem', 'Break Free' and 'Bang Bang', in the top ten at the same time.
After the success of her second album, Grande is now considered at par with topnotch singers in the industry. As reported by Vox, all five albums of Beyoncé have debuted at number 1 while six of Britney Spears' eight released album debuted and landed on the top spot. Norah Jones and Alicia Keys have three albums that debuted and ranked as number 1. With the success of her second album, Grande is now the latest entrant to this exclusive club.
Moreover, Grande is the first woman to debut with two different number 1 albums since 2010. The last singer who achieved such feat was Susan Boyle with albums 'Dreamed a Dream' released in 2009 and 'The Gift' which came out in 2010.
Apart from the abovementioned female musicians, other singers who achieved back to back number 1 albums are Justin Bieber, Jay Z, Luke Bryan and Lil Wayne.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate