'Thor 3' Release Date And Plot Details: 'Thor 3: Ragnarok' Possible Title, Storyline To Focus On Apocalypse That Sees End Of Asgard
By Sonalee singh | September 5, 2014 5:34 PM EST
"Thor 3's" release date is yet to be confirmed. However, the buzz is that the title of third instalment of the Marvel flick would be "Thor3: Ragnarok." The lead of actor of the franchise Chris Hemsworth recently hinted about the title in one of his interviews with Screenrant.
Cast member Chris Hemsworth poses at the premiere of "Thor" at the El Capitan theatre in Hollywood.
"I think that in the comic book the sort of end of days, Armageddon aspect is probably the direction in which it will all head in," the actor said to the website. "Where it's sort of the end of all things and there's obviously no script or anything when I read the comic books I thought it was an interesting way to go."
It has been speculated that by "Armageddon" Hemsworth was pointing to Ragnarok. Ragnarok is an apocalypse that sees the end of Asgard. The comic idea is speculated to be featured in the third instalment of "Thor." According to Christian Post, executive producer of the instalment Craig Kyle has also hinted that Ragnarok is an important part of the Thor comic book story line.
"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," president of production Kevin Feige had said previously according to ComingSoon. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process. The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor's adventure."
Marvel reportedly has three unknown films in the pipeline. One is set for release on July 8, 2016, one on May 6, 2016 and another set for July 8, 2017. However, it not known which date is set for "Thor 3."
Chris Hemsworth would be reprising his role as the Norse God of Thunder and rumours are rife that Natalie Portman could be dropped from the upcoming sequel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet