'Thor 3' Release Date And Plot Details: 'Thor 3: Ragnarok' Possible Title, Storyline To Focus On Apocalypse That Sees End Of Asgard
By Sonalee singh | September 5, 2014 5:34 PM EST
"Thor 3's" release date is yet to be confirmed. However, the buzz is that the title of third instalment of the Marvel flick would be "Thor3: Ragnarok." The lead of actor of the franchise Chris Hemsworth recently hinted about the title in one of his interviews with Screenrant.
Cast member Chris Hemsworth poses at the premiere of "Thor" at the El Capitan theatre in Hollywood.
"I think that in the comic book the sort of end of days, Armageddon aspect is probably the direction in which it will all head in," the actor said to the website. "Where it's sort of the end of all things and there's obviously no script or anything when I read the comic books I thought it was an interesting way to go."
It has been speculated that by "Armageddon" Hemsworth was pointing to Ragnarok. Ragnarok is an apocalypse that sees the end of Asgard. The comic idea is speculated to be featured in the third instalment of "Thor." According to Christian Post, executive producer of the instalment Craig Kyle has also hinted that Ragnarok is an important part of the Thor comic book story line.
"I am proud of Craig and have enjoyed working with him over these past years," president of production Kevin Feige had said previously according to ComingSoon. "His creative instincts have helped shape 'Thor' and 'Thor: The Dark World' at every level of the filmmaking process. The entire team at Marvel is very happy to continue collaborating with Craig as he continues as a screenwriter working with Christopher on the forthcoming chapter of Thor's adventure."
Marvel reportedly has three unknown films in the pipeline. One is set for release on July 8, 2016, one on May 6, 2016 and another set for July 8, 2017. However, it not known which date is set for "Thor 3."
Chris Hemsworth would be reprising his role as the Norse God of Thunder and rumours are rife that Natalie Portman could be dropped from the upcoming sequel.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles