Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo Expressed Discontent Over Sale Of Los Blancos Duo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo showed discontent in Los Blancos' president Florentino Perez decision to sell Angel di Maria and Xabi Alonso during the recently closed transfer window.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo is seen before receiving his Best Player UEFA 2014 Award during the draw ceremony for the 2014/2015 Champions League soccer competition at Monaco's Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo August 28, 2014.
Di Maria headed for Manchester United for an English record fee, while Alonso was signed by reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
"I have strong opinions but I can't always say what I think. Otherwise it would be on the front page and I don't want that," said the 29-year-old Portuguese.
"But if it was up to me, I wouldn't have done so."
In turn, the Spanish capital-based club brought in World Cup Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez for £70million, Toni Kroos from Bayern, and Keylor Navas, while securing a late temporary move for United's Javier Hernandez.
While the 29-year-old 2014 UEFA Player of the Year awardee did not like the modification made in the squad, he remains optimistic that such changes would make Real stronger.
"But if the president thinks the best thing for the team is to sign players and let others leave, we must respect and support the decision," he added.
"With new players the style will change and it may change for better or worse."
"I hope it's for the better since the players are of a very good standard. The normal thing is that they'll adapt well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch