Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo Expressed Discontent Over Sale Of Los Blancos Duo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo showed discontent in Los Blancos' president Florentino Perez decision to sell Angel di Maria and Xabi Alonso during the recently closed transfer window.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo is seen before receiving his Best Player UEFA 2014 Award during the draw ceremony for the 2014/2015 Champions League soccer competition at Monaco's Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo August 28, 2014.
Di Maria headed for Manchester United for an English record fee, while Alonso was signed by reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
"I have strong opinions but I can't always say what I think. Otherwise it would be on the front page and I don't want that," said the 29-year-old Portuguese.
"But if it was up to me, I wouldn't have done so."
In turn, the Spanish capital-based club brought in World Cup Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez for £70million, Toni Kroos from Bayern, and Keylor Navas, while securing a late temporary move for United's Javier Hernandez.
While the 29-year-old 2014 UEFA Player of the Year awardee did not like the modification made in the squad, he remains optimistic that such changes would make Real stronger.
"But if the president thinks the best thing for the team is to sign players and let others leave, we must respect and support the decision," he added.
"With new players the style will change and it may change for better or worse."
"I hope it's for the better since the players are of a very good standard. The normal thing is that they'll adapt well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown