Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo Expressed Discontent Over Sale Of Los Blancos Duo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo showed discontent in Los Blancos' president Florentino Perez decision to sell Angel di Maria and Xabi Alonso during the recently closed transfer window.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo is seen before receiving his Best Player UEFA 2014 Award during the draw ceremony for the 2014/2015 Champions League soccer competition at Monaco's Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo August 28, 2014.
Di Maria headed for Manchester United for an English record fee, while Alonso was signed by reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
"I have strong opinions but I can't always say what I think. Otherwise it would be on the front page and I don't want that," said the 29-year-old Portuguese.
"But if it was up to me, I wouldn't have done so."
In turn, the Spanish capital-based club brought in World Cup Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez for £70million, Toni Kroos from Bayern, and Keylor Navas, while securing a late temporary move for United's Javier Hernandez.
While the 29-year-old 2014 UEFA Player of the Year awardee did not like the modification made in the squad, he remains optimistic that such changes would make Real stronger.
"But if the president thinks the best thing for the team is to sign players and let others leave, we must respect and support the decision," he added.
"With new players the style will change and it may change for better or worse."
"I hope it's for the better since the players are of a very good standard. The normal thing is that they'll adapt well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2