Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo Expressed Discontent Over Sale Of Los Blancos Duo
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:31 PM EST
Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo showed discontent in Los Blancos' president Florentino Perez decision to sell Angel di Maria and Xabi Alonso during the recently closed transfer window.
Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo is seen before receiving his Best Player UEFA 2014 Award during the draw ceremony for the 2014/2015 Champions League soccer competition at Monaco's Grimaldi Forum in Monte Carlo August 28, 2014.
Di Maria headed for Manchester United for an English record fee, while Alonso was signed by reigning Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.
"I have strong opinions but I can't always say what I think. Otherwise it would be on the front page and I don't want that," said the 29-year-old Portuguese.
"But if it was up to me, I wouldn't have done so."
In turn, the Spanish capital-based club brought in World Cup Golden Boot winner James Rodriguez for £70million, Toni Kroos from Bayern, and Keylor Navas, while securing a late temporary move for United's Javier Hernandez.
While the 29-year-old 2014 UEFA Player of the Year awardee did not like the modification made in the squad, he remains optimistic that such changes would make Real stronger.
"But if the president thinks the best thing for the team is to sign players and let others leave, we must respect and support the decision," he added.
"With new players the style will change and it may change for better or worse."
"I hope it's for the better since the players are of a very good standard. The normal thing is that they'll adapt well."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate