Liverpool FC: Balotelli Is Not Enough To Fill Void Left By Suarez - Sterling
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Liverpool attacker Raheem Sterling pointed out that relying on Mario Balotelli alone to deliver the goods in front of goal will not be enough to cope up with the scoring responsibility left by Luis Suarez.
England's Raheem Sterling (C) goes past Norway's Per Ciljan Skjelbred (L) during their international friendly soccer match at Wembley Stadium in London September 3, 2014.
The England international believes that team effort is a more feasible approach to the matter.
"Luis will be missed, obviously. With 31 [league] goals in a season, anyone would miss him," he told Sport magazine.
"He's a massive loss, but the manager has brought in other players to fill the void."
'I haven't come across Mario too much, but he has the ability and the goalscoring ratio to achieve great things here."
"But obviously not everyone's going to score 31 goals, so the plan is to chip in with more goals across the team."
After initially making an impact during the early stretch of the 2012/13 term, the 19-year-old went through a difficult phase towards the latter part of the said campaign until early last season before redeeming himself and proving that he is a world-class player through his scintillating performances.
He has started every fixture for the Reds in the Premier League, thus far, and has been linked with top clubs like Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L