Liverpool FC: Balotelli Is Not Enough To Fill Void Left By Suarez - Sterling
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Liverpool attacker Raheem Sterling pointed out that relying on Mario Balotelli alone to deliver the goods in front of goal will not be enough to cope up with the scoring responsibility left by Luis Suarez.
England's Raheem Sterling (C) goes past Norway's Per Ciljan Skjelbred (L) during their international friendly soccer match at Wembley Stadium in London September 3, 2014.
The England international believes that team effort is a more feasible approach to the matter.
"Luis will be missed, obviously. With 31 [league] goals in a season, anyone would miss him," he told Sport magazine.
"He's a massive loss, but the manager has brought in other players to fill the void."
'I haven't come across Mario too much, but he has the ability and the goalscoring ratio to achieve great things here."
"But obviously not everyone's going to score 31 goals, so the plan is to chip in with more goals across the team."
After initially making an impact during the early stretch of the 2012/13 term, the 19-year-old went through a difficult phase towards the latter part of the said campaign until early last season before redeeming himself and proving that he is a world-class player through his scintillating performances.
He has started every fixture for the Reds in the Premier League, thus far, and has been linked with top clubs like Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate