Liverpool FC: Balotelli Is Not Enough To Fill Void Left By Suarez - Sterling
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Liverpool attacker Raheem Sterling pointed out that relying on Mario Balotelli alone to deliver the goods in front of goal will not be enough to cope up with the scoring responsibility left by Luis Suarez.
England's Raheem Sterling (C) goes past Norway's Per Ciljan Skjelbred (L) during their international friendly soccer match at Wembley Stadium in London September 3, 2014.
The England international believes that team effort is a more feasible approach to the matter.
"Luis will be missed, obviously. With 31 [league] goals in a season, anyone would miss him," he told Sport magazine.
"He's a massive loss, but the manager has brought in other players to fill the void."
'I haven't come across Mario too much, but he has the ability and the goalscoring ratio to achieve great things here."
"But obviously not everyone's going to score 31 goals, so the plan is to chip in with more goals across the team."
After initially making an impact during the early stretch of the 2012/13 term, the 19-year-old went through a difficult phase towards the latter part of the said campaign until early last season before redeeming himself and proving that he is a world-class player through his scintillating performances.
He has started every fixture for the Reds in the Premier League, thus far, and has been linked with top clubs like Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles