Liverpool FC: Balotelli Is Not Enough To Fill Void Left By Suarez - Sterling
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Liverpool attacker Raheem Sterling pointed out that relying on Mario Balotelli alone to deliver the goods in front of goal will not be enough to cope up with the scoring responsibility left by Luis Suarez.
England's Raheem Sterling (C) goes past Norway's Per Ciljan Skjelbred (L) during their international friendly soccer match at Wembley Stadium in London September 3, 2014.
The England international believes that team effort is a more feasible approach to the matter.
"Luis will be missed, obviously. With 31 [league] goals in a season, anyone would miss him," he told Sport magazine.
"He's a massive loss, but the manager has brought in other players to fill the void."
'I haven't come across Mario too much, but he has the ability and the goalscoring ratio to achieve great things here."
"But obviously not everyone's going to score 31 goals, so the plan is to chip in with more goals across the team."
After initially making an impact during the early stretch of the 2012/13 term, the 19-year-old went through a difficult phase towards the latter part of the said campaign until early last season before redeeming himself and proving that he is a world-class player through his scintillating performances.
He has started every fixture for the Reds in the Premier League, thus far, and has been linked with top clubs like Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar