Liverpool FC: Balotelli Is Not Enough To Fill Void Left By Suarez - Sterling
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 5:08 PM EST
Liverpool attacker Raheem Sterling pointed out that relying on Mario Balotelli alone to deliver the goods in front of goal will not be enough to cope up with the scoring responsibility left by Luis Suarez.
England's Raheem Sterling (C) goes past Norway's Per Ciljan Skjelbred (L) during their international friendly soccer match at Wembley Stadium in London September 3, 2014.
The England international believes that team effort is a more feasible approach to the matter.
"Luis will be missed, obviously. With 31 [league] goals in a season, anyone would miss him," he told Sport magazine.
"He's a massive loss, but the manager has brought in other players to fill the void."
'I haven't come across Mario too much, but he has the ability and the goalscoring ratio to achieve great things here."
"But obviously not everyone's going to score 31 goals, so the plan is to chip in with more goals across the team."
After initially making an impact during the early stretch of the 2012/13 term, the 19-year-old went through a difficult phase towards the latter part of the said campaign until early last season before redeeming himself and proving that he is a world-class player through his scintillating performances.
He has started every fixture for the Reds in the Premier League, thus far, and has been linked with top clubs like Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier