'Doctor Who' Series 8 Episode 3 'Robot Of Sherwood' Spoilers And BBC Confirms 'Beheading Scene' Deleted
By jaskiran kaur | September 5, 2014 4:45 PM EST
The long-running sci-fi, time travel show, "Doctor Who," is back with its Series 8 and the 12th Time Lord. The series that premiered on Aug. 23, 2014 is set to feature its third episode on Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014. "Doctor Who" episode 3 is titled "Robot of Sherwood" and promises an action-packed, adventure-filled segment. Here are few spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 "Robot of Sherwood." Read on to find out more about Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor's new adventure. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3, "Robot of Sherwood." Read at your own risk.
Last week, in the episode titled "Into the Dalek," viewers saw the return of Doctor Who's most dangerous and darkest enemy Dalek. The episode even introduced Jenna Coleman's Clara's potential love interest Danny Pink, who works at Coal Hill School with the doctor's assistant. The adventure took them deep inside the Dalek where they fought his biggest foes.
Moving on to "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3, "Robot of Sherwood," the segment will feature Clara and the Time Lord's latest time travel adventure in the forest of Sherwood. BBC One has released the synopsis of the upcoming segment with spoilers teasing the storyline. According to the synopsis, the doctor is going to go back in time and meet up with legendary archer and swordsman Robin Hood. During his journey into the jungle, the doctor finds out there is "an evil plan from beyond the stars."
At the same time, Nottingham is in danger and he must save it. Finding an "unlikely alliance" in Robin Hood and existence of "impossible heroes" makes him question what's real and what's fake. He must determine the answer to the question if he wants to succeed in the mission.
"Robot of Sherwood" is written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Paul Murphy. The network has also released its preview that shows how fascinated Clara is to see Robin Hood. Later, there are some action sequences that feature Clara in traditional wear but with a sword threatening her attacker. Click HERE and HERE to view the two trailers of "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 "Robot of Sherwood" as published by BBC One.
In other news, the upcoming episode consisted of a beheading scene. BBC confirmed that Saturday's segment will not feature the scene and it has been removed in the wake of recent beheadings of James Foley and Steven Sotloff in Iraq. "In light of recent news events, we have made an edit to episode three out of respect," a BBC spokesman told BBC News.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 airs at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 6, on BBC One. For more information and spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage