'Doctor Who' Series 8 Episode 3 'Robot Of Sherwood' Spoilers And BBC Confirms 'Beheading Scene' Deleted
By jaskiran kaur | September 5, 2014 4:45 PM EST
The long-running sci-fi, time travel show, "Doctor Who," is back with its Series 8 and the 12th Time Lord. The series that premiered on Aug. 23, 2014 is set to feature its third episode on Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014. "Doctor Who" episode 3 is titled "Robot of Sherwood" and promises an action-packed, adventure-filled segment. Here are few spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 "Robot of Sherwood." Read on to find out more about Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor's new adventure. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3, "Robot of Sherwood." Read at your own risk.
Last week, in the episode titled "Into the Dalek," viewers saw the return of Doctor Who's most dangerous and darkest enemy Dalek. The episode even introduced Jenna Coleman's Clara's potential love interest Danny Pink, who works at Coal Hill School with the doctor's assistant. The adventure took them deep inside the Dalek where they fought his biggest foes.
Moving on to "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3, "Robot of Sherwood," the segment will feature Clara and the Time Lord's latest time travel adventure in the forest of Sherwood. BBC One has released the synopsis of the upcoming segment with spoilers teasing the storyline. According to the synopsis, the doctor is going to go back in time and meet up with legendary archer and swordsman Robin Hood. During his journey into the jungle, the doctor finds out there is "an evil plan from beyond the stars."
At the same time, Nottingham is in danger and he must save it. Finding an "unlikely alliance" in Robin Hood and existence of "impossible heroes" makes him question what's real and what's fake. He must determine the answer to the question if he wants to succeed in the mission.
"Robot of Sherwood" is written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Paul Murphy. The network has also released its preview that shows how fascinated Clara is to see Robin Hood. Later, there are some action sequences that feature Clara in traditional wear but with a sword threatening her attacker. Click HERE and HERE to view the two trailers of "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 "Robot of Sherwood" as published by BBC One.
In other news, the upcoming episode consisted of a beheading scene. BBC confirmed that Saturday's segment will not feature the scene and it has been removed in the wake of recent beheadings of James Foley and Steven Sotloff in Iraq. "In light of recent news events, we have made an edit to episode three out of respect," a BBC spokesman told BBC News.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 airs at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 6, on BBC One. For more information and spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles