'Doctor Who' Series 8 Episode 3 'Robot Of Sherwood' Spoilers And BBC Confirms 'Beheading Scene' Deleted
By jaskiran kaur | September 5, 2014 4:45 PM EST
The long-running sci-fi, time travel show, "Doctor Who," is back with its Series 8 and the 12th Time Lord. The series that premiered on Aug. 23, 2014 is set to feature its third episode on Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014. "Doctor Who" episode 3 is titled "Robot of Sherwood" and promises an action-packed, adventure-filled segment. Here are few spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 "Robot of Sherwood." Read on to find out more about Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor's new adventure. [Warning: Spoilers Alert!]
This article contains spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3, "Robot of Sherwood." Read at your own risk.
Last week, in the episode titled "Into the Dalek," viewers saw the return of Doctor Who's most dangerous and darkest enemy Dalek. The episode even introduced Jenna Coleman's Clara's potential love interest Danny Pink, who works at Coal Hill School with the doctor's assistant. The adventure took them deep inside the Dalek where they fought his biggest foes.
Moving on to "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3, "Robot of Sherwood," the segment will feature Clara and the Time Lord's latest time travel adventure in the forest of Sherwood. BBC One has released the synopsis of the upcoming segment with spoilers teasing the storyline. According to the synopsis, the doctor is going to go back in time and meet up with legendary archer and swordsman Robin Hood. During his journey into the jungle, the doctor finds out there is "an evil plan from beyond the stars."
At the same time, Nottingham is in danger and he must save it. Finding an "unlikely alliance" in Robin Hood and existence of "impossible heroes" makes him question what's real and what's fake. He must determine the answer to the question if he wants to succeed in the mission.
"Robot of Sherwood" is written by Mark Gatiss and directed by Paul Murphy. The network has also released its preview that shows how fascinated Clara is to see Robin Hood. Later, there are some action sequences that feature Clara in traditional wear but with a sword threatening her attacker. Click HERE and HERE to view the two trailers of "Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 "Robot of Sherwood" as published by BBC One.
In other news, the upcoming episode consisted of a beheading scene. BBC confirmed that Saturday's segment will not feature the scene and it has been removed in the wake of recent beheadings of James Foley and Steven Sotloff in Iraq. "In light of recent news events, we have made an edit to episode three out of respect," a BBC spokesman told BBC News.
"Doctor Who" Series 8 episode 3 airs at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 6, on BBC One. For more information and spoilers from "Doctor Who" Series 8, read below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation