Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Top 5 Exclusive Features Versus Xperia Z1 Compact
By Ryan Inoyori | September 5, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact features a serious list of upgrades in performance, entertainment, design and battery that can beat what Xperia Z1 Compact can offer.
Design and Proofing
Xperia Z3 Compact boasts a bigger display screen of 4.6 inches compared to the 4.3 inches on Xperia Z1 Compact. But Xperia Z3 Compact has IPS display technology that improves viewing angles compared to the TFT screen on its predecessor. Users of Xperia Z3 Compact will remain to enjoy several native display engines including Triluminos and X-Reality.
IP certification rating on Xperia Z3 Compact offers complete protection against dust according to IP 65 rating while IP 68 rating provides water resistance for up to 30 minutes under 1.5 metres of depth.
Like with Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact offers PlayStation 4 gaming experience via PS Remote Play. It supports the DUALSHOCK PlayStation controller and can access PlayStation 4 games via Wi-Fi, allowing players to switch from the console to the smartphone. Xperia Z1 Compact does not support this function yet.
Improved Battery Performance
Sony Mobile applied the same battery enhancements on Xperia Z3 to Xperia Z3 Compact. Two additional power management tools have been added and a new battery technology has been used to extend battery life by up to two days of normal use before recharging.
1. Extended Usage Mode allows battery life extension by up 14 per cent or equivalent to ten hours of movie playback or 120 hours of sound trip.
2. Ultra STAMINA Mode puts the device's state into a basic phone that focuses on core functionalities such as voice calls and standard messaging.
3. New battery technology crafted by Sony Mobile can make the device last by up to two days before recharging according to the company's test results.
Get all exclusive camera features from Xperia Z3 to the Xperia Z3 Compact including 4K video recording, SteadyShot and Active Mode camera intelligence. Moreover, the smartphone offers ISO 12800 via Exmor RS imaging sensor, a 25 mm wide-angle lens and larger camera sensor. Users can also download various camera apps such as Timeshift Burst to enhance camera experience.
Get the same audio enhancements on Xperia Z3 to Xperia Z3 Compact such as DSEE HX sound engine, high resolution audio and Digital Noise Cancellation.
1. DSEE HX Digital Sound Enhancement that improves low resolution songs to almost high resolution sound quality.
2. Reduce distortion and noise at wider frequency ranges provided by High Resolution audio support.
3. Reduce exterior noise by up to 98 per cent with Digital Noise Cancellation on supported headsets and similar accessories.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- High-End Tablets Face-Off: Google’s Nexus 9 Versus Apple’s iPad Air 2
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- 'World Of Warcraft' 6.0.3 Patch Hotfixes Update Including The Satchel Of Savage Mysteries, Zidormi In Dustwallow Marsh And The Frostwall Mines
- ‘GTA V' Heists Release Date Update: Rockstar Confirms DLC Out In ‘Early 2015'
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries