Huawei Unveils Ascend G7 With a Metallic Finish: Price and Specifications
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 4:07 PM EST
The IFA Berlin 2014 nearing new devices are being launched. The mid range Smartphone Ascend G7 is just launched by Huawei that sports a metal finish. The Huawei Ascend G7 looks stunning and promises to deliver great technology.
A sales assistant holding Samsung Electronics' Galaxy 5 smartphone (L) and Apple Inc's iPhone 5 smartphone (R) poses for photographs at a store in Seoul July 16, 2014.
The device is 5.5 inches with a720p display. The Ascend G7 has 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage with a slot for a micro SD Card that is expandable to 64 GB. Powered by Qualcomm, Snapdragon 410, 64 bit and a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
The back camera is 13-megapixels with a 28mm BSI wide angled lens. The front camera is 5 megapixels with an 88 degree wide angle lens. With these camera specifications the quality of the photos will be enhanced. The Ascend G7 also provides photo editing along with manual focus to adjust photos that are out of focus and can take pictures even in low light.
For faster internet connection the device has a 4G LTE along with a 3000 mAh battery. The battery lasts for a day. Ascend G7 has Huawei's EMUI 3.0 UI.
Richard Yu, the CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group said that the market is filled with smartphones that have a plastic look but the Ascend G7 will make an impression with its beautiful metallic design. He also added that the consumer's needs were taken into account while making the smartphone so that it would embrace the individuality of the user.
It is 7.6mm slim and weighs 165g. Ascend G7 is crafted with the world's leading Nano Molding Technology (NMT) to create a premium metallic design and slim frame for a richer texture and smoother touch. The Huawei, Ascend G7 will cost around $355. The device comes in gold, silver and grey colours.
Compared to other smartphones, it has a low resolution display when considering its size. With the Snapdragon 410 and 2GB RAM including the metal finish and the price of $355 many customers will be satisfied with the handset. It will be available in Germany, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Hungary, the Netherlands Turkey, Poland, Norway, South Africa and Mexico for 299 Euros from September 2014, with other markets to follow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 New Update Brings Performance And Stability Improvements
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows