Huawei Unveils Ascend G7 With a Metallic Finish: Price and Specifications
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 4:07 PM EST
The IFA Berlin 2014 nearing new devices are being launched. The mid range Smartphone Ascend G7 is just launched by Huawei that sports a metal finish. The Huawei Ascend G7 looks stunning and promises to deliver great technology.
A sales assistant holding Samsung Electronics' Galaxy 5 smartphone (L) and Apple Inc's iPhone 5 smartphone (R) poses for photographs at a store in Seoul July 16, 2014.
The device is 5.5 inches with a720p display. The Ascend G7 has 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage with a slot for a micro SD Card that is expandable to 64 GB. Powered by Qualcomm, Snapdragon 410, 64 bit and a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
The back camera is 13-megapixels with a 28mm BSI wide angled lens. The front camera is 5 megapixels with an 88 degree wide angle lens. With these camera specifications the quality of the photos will be enhanced. The Ascend G7 also provides photo editing along with manual focus to adjust photos that are out of focus and can take pictures even in low light.
For faster internet connection the device has a 4G LTE along with a 3000 mAh battery. The battery lasts for a day. Ascend G7 has Huawei's EMUI 3.0 UI.
Richard Yu, the CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group said that the market is filled with smartphones that have a plastic look but the Ascend G7 will make an impression with its beautiful metallic design. He also added that the consumer's needs were taken into account while making the smartphone so that it would embrace the individuality of the user.
It is 7.6mm slim and weighs 165g. Ascend G7 is crafted with the world's leading Nano Molding Technology (NMT) to create a premium metallic design and slim frame for a richer texture and smoother touch. The Huawei, Ascend G7 will cost around $355. The device comes in gold, silver and grey colours.
Compared to other smartphones, it has a low resolution display when considering its size. With the Snapdragon 410 and 2GB RAM including the metal finish and the price of $355 many customers will be satisfied with the handset. It will be available in Germany, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Hungary, the Netherlands Turkey, Poland, Norway, South Africa and Mexico for 299 Euros from September 2014, with other markets to follow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight