Huawei Unveils Ascend G7 With a Metallic Finish: Price and Specifications
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 4:07 PM EST
The IFA Berlin 2014 nearing new devices are being launched. The mid range Smartphone Ascend G7 is just launched by Huawei that sports a metal finish. The Huawei Ascend G7 looks stunning and promises to deliver great technology.
A sales assistant holding Samsung Electronics' Galaxy 5 smartphone (L) and Apple Inc's iPhone 5 smartphone (R) poses for photographs at a store in Seoul July 16, 2014.
The device is 5.5 inches with a720p display. The Ascend G7 has 2 GB RAM and 16GB internal storage with a slot for a micro SD Card that is expandable to 64 GB. Powered by Qualcomm, Snapdragon 410, 64 bit and a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor.
The back camera is 13-megapixels with a 28mm BSI wide angled lens. The front camera is 5 megapixels with an 88 degree wide angle lens. With these camera specifications the quality of the photos will be enhanced. The Ascend G7 also provides photo editing along with manual focus to adjust photos that are out of focus and can take pictures even in low light.
For faster internet connection the device has a 4G LTE along with a 3000 mAh battery. The battery lasts for a day. Ascend G7 has Huawei's EMUI 3.0 UI.
Richard Yu, the CEO of Huawei Consumer Business Group said that the market is filled with smartphones that have a plastic look but the Ascend G7 will make an impression with its beautiful metallic design. He also added that the consumer's needs were taken into account while making the smartphone so that it would embrace the individuality of the user.
It is 7.6mm slim and weighs 165g. Ascend G7 is crafted with the world's leading Nano Molding Technology (NMT) to create a premium metallic design and slim frame for a richer texture and smoother touch. The Huawei, Ascend G7 will cost around $355. The device comes in gold, silver and grey colours.
Compared to other smartphones, it has a low resolution display when considering its size. With the Snapdragon 410 and 2GB RAM including the metal finish and the price of $355 many customers will be satisfied with the handset. It will be available in Germany, Italy, Spain, Denmark, Hungary, the Netherlands Turkey, Poland, Norway, South Africa and Mexico for 299 Euros from September 2014, with other markets to follow.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’