It’s Time For George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding After Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie’s Surprise August Wedding
By Anshu Shrivastava | September 5, 2014 3:45 PM EST
The news of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wedding took everyone by surprise, including some of their family members and friends. This long-time, Hollywood couple, parents to six kids, got married on Aug. 23 in Chateau Miraval, France. Now in Sept., the attention shifts to the wedding ceremony of Pitt and Jolie's friend, George Clooney.
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Clooney, 53, and his British girlfriend, Amal Alamuddin, 36, got engaged this year in April. According to reports, they are set to get married later this month in Italy. Mail Online has reported that Pitt is likely to be Clooney's best man. The wedding venue is expected to be his £25 million Lake Como holiday home.
"George has always loved Como, he finds it very peaceful and relaxing and now Amal has fallen in love with the area as well," an insider said to E! News. "They want to start their married life there with the beautiful lake as a backdrop. George's home on the lake is like a very well-oiled machine."
Mail Online has reported that Clooney has convinced the local Mayor to bring in a law that would protect his privacy. The insider said to E! News, "[Clooney] has the local mayor fully on his side and the locals, too, and he can ensure that the press and paparazzi are kept away."
Meanwhile, there were reports that Alamuddin is pregnant. Clooney's representative, however, has denied that. Recently, Alamuddin was spotted at the head office of Alexander McQueen. Mirror reports that she was there for an hour and a half. This fashion house has reportedly become the place to go for celebrity wedding dresses since Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding in 2012. Kate Middleton picked her wedding gown from Alexander McQueen.
Citing a source, E! Online reports that Clooney has been "very hands-on" with the "small and intimate" planning details for the upcoming wedding,
And, reacting to the news of Pitt and Jolie's wedding, Clooney said to Us Weekly, "How great is that! I'm really happy for Brad and Angie and their whole family."
Clooney and Almauddin have yet to announce their official wedding date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS