It’s Time For George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding After Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie’s Surprise August Wedding
By Anshu Shrivastava | September 5, 2014 3:45 PM EST
The news of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's wedding took everyone by surprise, including some of their family members and friends. This long-time, Hollywood couple, parents to six kids, got married on Aug. 23 in Chateau Miraval, France. Now in Sept., the attention shifts to the wedding ceremony of Pitt and Jolie's friend, George Clooney.
U.S. actor George Clooney adjusts his bowtie as he arrives for the premiere of "Gravity" at the 70th Venice Film Festival in Venice in this file photo taken August 28, 2013. Clooney criticized Britain's Daily Mail on Wednesday for publishing a "completely fabricated" story saying his future mother-in-law is against his upcoming marriage to human rights lawyer Amal Alamuddin.
Clooney, 53, and his British girlfriend, Amal Alamuddin, 36, got engaged this year in April. According to reports, they are set to get married later this month in Italy. Mail Online has reported that Pitt is likely to be Clooney's best man. The wedding venue is expected to be his £25 million Lake Como holiday home.
"George has always loved Como, he finds it very peaceful and relaxing and now Amal has fallen in love with the area as well," an insider said to E! News. "They want to start their married life there with the beautiful lake as a backdrop. George's home on the lake is like a very well-oiled machine."
Mail Online has reported that Clooney has convinced the local Mayor to bring in a law that would protect his privacy. The insider said to E! News, "[Clooney] has the local mayor fully on his side and the locals, too, and he can ensure that the press and paparazzi are kept away."
Meanwhile, there were reports that Alamuddin is pregnant. Clooney's representative, however, has denied that. Recently, Alamuddin was spotted at the head office of Alexander McQueen. Mirror reports that she was there for an hour and a half. This fashion house has reportedly become the place to go for celebrity wedding dresses since Kate Middleton and Prince William's wedding in 2012. Kate Middleton picked her wedding gown from Alexander McQueen.
Citing a source, E! Online reports that Clooney has been "very hands-on" with the "small and intimate" planning details for the upcoming wedding,
And, reacting to the news of Pitt and Jolie's wedding, Clooney said to Us Weekly, "How great is that! I'm really happy for Brad and Angie and their whole family."
Clooney and Almauddin have yet to announce their official wedding date.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims