New Samsung Galaxy Alpha Variant Running on 64-bit Processor Spotted
By Anvinraj Valiyathara Sivanandan | September 5, 2014 3:40 PM EST
A new variant of Samsung Galaxy Alpha was spotted running GFXBench. It has a model number of SM-A5000. What is so interesting about this new variant is that it is powered by a 64-bit processor.
A man walks out of Samsung Electronics' headquarters in Seoul January 6, 2014.
The specifications of the said device were revealed through a leaked image of the benchmark test. By looking at the specs, one would feel that it is trimmed down edition of Galaxy Alpha.
According to GSMArena, the SM-A5000 features a 4.8inch display screen that supports 720p resolution. It is equipped with 2GB RAM. It comes with an onboard storage memory of 8GB.
The leaked image shows that it supports Adreno 306 graphics that is a clear indication that the SoC present on the Galaxy Alpha SM-A5000 is Qualcomm Snapdragon 410.
The Snapdragon 410 is the very first 64-bit processor announced by Qualcomm. It is a quad-core processor designed for mid-range phones. Hence, the Galaxy Alpha with SM-A5000 model number will come out as a mid-tier smartphone.
The Snapdragon 410 is based on Cortex A53 architecture and delivers a clocking speed of up to 1.4GHz. However, the leaked GFXBench shows that the SM-A5000 device clocked at 1.2GHz.
The leaked image also reveals that the handset will feature a 4.7MP front camera that will support full HD video recording. The rear camera is of 12MP that also supports full HD recording. Other camera features include auto focus, touch focus and flash.
As far as connectivity is concerned, GSMArena reveals that the handset supports Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS. It would certainly support 3G connectivity but there is no update on other connectivity options like 4G LTE and NFC. The other features of Galaxy Alpha SM-A5000 include Android v4.4.4 KitKat, gryoscope and compass.
The original Galaxy Alpha features 4.7inch Super AMOLED display and Exynos 5 Octa 5430 processor four cores of Cortex A15 working at 1.8GHz and four cores of A7 working at 1.3GHz. It is coupled with Mali-T628 MP6 graphics. It is already available for pre-order in UK and it will be available for purchase from September 12.
Samsung fans are now focused on the Galaxy Note 4 launch date. Today, the Galaxy Note 4 will be revealed to the world through the pre-IFA event. Since the South Korean tech giant is concentrating on launching, releasing and marketing the new Note 4 phablet, the SM-A5000 will be officially unveiled later this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft