Lenovo Launches Its New Tab S8 Along With Gaming Desktop, Laptop At IFA 2014
By Patricia Marie Tayson | September 5, 2014 3:19 PM EST
Lenovo launches its first ever 8-inch Intel Atom-powered Android tablet, Tab S8 at IFA 2014 in Berlin. The device will sport an 8-inch full HD WUXGA (1920×1200 pixel resolution) IPS display. The new tablet is reportedly to run on Android 4.4 Kitkat, powered by quad-core 64-bit Intel Atom Z3745 Bay Trail processor that stands at 1.86GHz with Intel Burst Performance technology and it will have 2GB of RAM. The device is expected to be available in 16GB variant without support for microSD. The Tab S8 is will have an 8MP autofocus (f/2.2 lens) rear camera with LED flash and a 1.6MP HD fixed focus front facing camera which will allow users to take selfies and make video calls.
A customer (L) checks a new laptop with a salesman at a Lenovo shop in Beijing December 13, 2010.
For its connectivity, LTE Wi-Fi b/g/n, and Bluetooth 4.0 are added on it and it has a battery capacity of up to 4290 mAh Li-ion that can be used for up to 7 hours. Its standby time is up to 400 hours, according to FirstTechPost. The tablet features dual front-facing speakers which is powered by Dolby sound. It will be available in Ebony, Blue, Canary, Yellow, and White colour variants but it depends on the availability to the country or region. Users can purchase the Tab S8 for $199.
Alongside the tablet, the Y70 Touch gaming laptop was also announced. The gaming laptop is reportedly to be the company's first 17-inch touch device. It will be available in three variants (80DU000EUS, 80DU000NUS, and 80DU000HUS). Y70 Touch can be purchased at $1399.99 on Lenovo's US store website. The gaming laptops is will be available with Lenovo's major retailers by October, according to NDTV Gadgets.
All three variants are expected to run on a Windows 8.164-bit OS to sport a 17.3-inch full-HD LED anti-glare multi-touch display.The integrated HD (720p) webcam is included as well. The three variants of Y70 Touch gaming laptop are reported to be powered by the fourth-generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ Processor that stands at 2.50GHz.The three models have the same support for connectivity features. The difference among the three variants of Y70 Touch are on its system memory, GPUs and built-in storage.
Lastly, the Erazer X315 gaming desktop also came with the other two. The device is reportedly to be available in two variants of processors, the 3.1GHz quad-core AMD A8-7600 and 3.7GHz quad-core AMD A10-7850k. The AMD A8-7600 users could get 2GB AMD Radeon R9 255 GPU, 1TB+8GB SSHD of built-in storage with 8GB of RAM. While the AMD A10-7850k users could have 2GB AMD Radeon R9 260 GPU; 2TB+8GB SSHD of built-in storage with 12GB of RAM.It might be available in November this year with Lenovo's major retailers at $599.
Lenovo is indeed prepared for IFA and these new devices could be some kind of headturners to the press and tech enthusiasts at the event in Berlin.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build