'Titanfall' Update Six Detailed: New Features All Platforms, Optimisations, Gameplay Changes, Bug Fixes
By Ryan Inoyori | September 5, 2014 3:05 PM EST
EA and Respawn Entertainment have announced the official update six for "Titanfall" that resolves several bugs, adds several features and improves overall gaming experience to supported platforms.
New Features To All Platform
1. Pilot Skirmish- an eight by eight game mode with no AI and no titans but will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist due to difference in player sizes with the rest of other game modes.
2. Marked for Death - it is a permanent game mode with supported playlist including custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.
3. Added Modes for Colour-blind Titan Pilots - three colour-blind options including protanopia, deuteranopia and tritanopia that affects IFF glows, crosshair colours and names above heads.
4. Burn Card - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability buy individual Burn Cards from a limited and ever shifting stock.
5. Roll the Dice - a new ultra-rare Burn Card that allows the ability to tap into the entire deck from inside a match.
6. Burn Card Auto Fill - toggle the new Burn Card Auto Fill option in the Burn Card menu to automatically fill empty Burn Card slots.
7. Coming In Late - joining in a match that is more than half way over with the player's team not winning will not be counted on record but if the team wins, it will be counted.
Improvements and Optimisations
1. FX Optimisations for effects and graphics rendering.
2. Matchmaking with faster searching, improved team balancing and drastically lowering the change of having lopsided matches.
3. Score is now visible at the centre of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.
4. New HUD icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added.
5. New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events with noting of the gap between teams' scores.
Several gameplay changes was added as well such as Titans that no longer shows up on the mini-map during dash, Atlas and Stryder melee damage values mirror the original design intent, adjustments on the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players and credits for selling rare Burn Cards was increased by 200. Titan melee damage order is now Stryder, Atlas and Ogre with consistency to the hierarchy of damage for Big Punch mod.
Bug Fixes To All Platforms
1. Slightly reduced the change to get rare cards in Standard Pack and increased the number of rare cards in Premium Pack to 5 for the Black Market.
2. Orient correction on the Auto-Titan vortex.
3. Fixed the shotgun, vortex fireback and arc cannon bypassing Titan shields when used against a pilot doing a friendly rodeo.
4. Map Export no longer contains areas where players can shoot through covered windows.
5. Grenades are now better at predicting movement at high frame rates.
Bug Fixes To Xbox One
Some bug fixes are specific to Xbox One including signing in to "Titanfall" due to two accounts having different DLC contents registered on the system, fixes on incorrect leave game dialog behaviour in a party, fixes on the crash when connecting a SmartGlass device to the X1 while "Titanfall" is running and Titan OS will no longer says that the player is being attacked by an enemy pilot while inside an enemy Dome Shield. In the future update for "Titanfall", new game modes will be added including the Wingman Last Titan Standing.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks