'The Sims 4' New Mods Unleashed: CAS Cloner, Remove White Outline, How To Install Custom Content
By Ryan Inoyori | September 5, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Three mods for "The Sims 4" are now available to enable players to remove the white outline when clicking "Sims" or objects, Create-A-Sim cloner for custom content and ways on how to install custom contents.
Warning: Installation of third-party contents on "The Sims 4" may cause problems. We are not responsible for anything that may occur in the game when using these mods. Do this at your own risk.
How To Install Custom Contents
EA and Maxis included a folder for players to store mods or third-party contents. It can be accessed by going to "Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods." A file named as "resource.cfg" is located in the mods folder which should remain at all times. In case the mods folder or the file itself has been deleted, the game will create a new one on the next boot up. To install custom contents, follow the instructions below:
1. Download the custom content file that may be distributed as ".package" form or via zip files requiring WinZIP or WinRAR to be opened.
2. Copy and paste the ".package" file of the mod or custom content to the mods folder located inside My Documents as mentioned above. Extract the ".package" file if it has been zipped.
3. For more organised mod files, players can create subfolders inside the mods folder to segregate custom contents.
4. Deletion of custom contents is possible by simply deleting the files inside the mods folder.
Removal Of White Outline
For users who dislike the white outline when selecting "Sims" or objects inside the game, a mod has been posted in a forum by fogity which removes it. It can be installed by simply copying and pasting file to the mods folder and has been claimed compatible with other mods which do not change the outline.
A CAS cloner demo has been released for "The Sims 4" and it allows cloning of everything for creating a new custom content including textures and meshes. As of now, the cloner tool features thumbnail preview, export and import of DDS and multiple tag-searches. The developer aims to include mesh preview with texture and adding of swatches on the upcoming update. Click here to download the CAS Cloner Demo tool.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories