'The Sims 4' New Mods Unleashed: CAS Cloner, Remove White Outline, How To Install Custom Content
By Ryan Inoyori | September 5, 2014 2:49 PM EST
Three mods for "The Sims 4" are now available to enable players to remove the white outline when clicking "Sims" or objects, Create-A-Sim cloner for custom content and ways on how to install custom contents.
Warning: Installation of third-party contents on "The Sims 4" may cause problems. We are not responsible for anything that may occur in the game when using these mods. Do this at your own risk.
How To Install Custom Contents
EA and Maxis included a folder for players to store mods or third-party contents. It can be accessed by going to "Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods." A file named as "resource.cfg" is located in the mods folder which should remain at all times. In case the mods folder or the file itself has been deleted, the game will create a new one on the next boot up. To install custom contents, follow the instructions below:
1. Download the custom content file that may be distributed as ".package" form or via zip files requiring WinZIP or WinRAR to be opened.
2. Copy and paste the ".package" file of the mod or custom content to the mods folder located inside My Documents as mentioned above. Extract the ".package" file if it has been zipped.
3. For more organised mod files, players can create subfolders inside the mods folder to segregate custom contents.
4. Deletion of custom contents is possible by simply deleting the files inside the mods folder.
Removal Of White Outline
For users who dislike the white outline when selecting "Sims" or objects inside the game, a mod has been posted in a forum by fogity which removes it. It can be installed by simply copying and pasting file to the mods folder and has been claimed compatible with other mods which do not change the outline.
A CAS cloner demo has been released for "The Sims 4" and it allows cloning of everything for creating a new custom content including textures and meshes. As of now, the cloner tool features thumbnail preview, export and import of DDS and multiple tag-searches. The developer aims to include mesh preview with texture and adding of swatches on the upcoming update. Click here to download the CAS Cloner Demo tool.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown