‘Winds of Winter’ Delay Already Affecting ‘Game of Thrones’ TV Series
By Sachin Trivedi | September 5, 2014 1:55 PM EST
The producers of the "Game of Thrones" TV series may have run out of material for the Bran and Hodor storyline. The delay in the release of the next book "Winds of Winter" by author George R. R. Martin will now be affecting the TV show.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", gestures during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014. REUTERS/Denis Balibouse
There were just three chapters about Bran in the book "A Dance with Dragons". The material from the first two chapters was already used in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. With just one chapter in hand, the producers may not have sufficient material to go further with these particular characters.
Bran and Hodor will reportedly not be making an appearance in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. The season will instead be focusing on the remaining major characters like Jon Snow, Stannis Baratheon, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Arya Stark and Cersei Lannister.
Bran has ventured too deep beyond the Wall and has met the Three Eyed Crow from his dreams. "Winds of Winter" is set to explore the real purpose of the character and explain who the White Walkers and Wights are exactly.
Readers has seen a brief glimpse of the White Walkers in the previous books and in the TV show "Game of Thrones". Wights are the dead people being raised by the White Walkers to do their bidding. They were seen as a threat to the people living in the seven kingdoms. Bran is expected to train in order to take on these creatures.
The other big expectations in "Winds of Winter" are two big battles. Daenerys Targaryen is all set to take on the Yunkai forces. In the books she is miles away from the city of Meereen and has encountered the Dothraki horde led by Khal Jhaqo.
Stannis Baratheon is all set to take on the forces of Roose Bolton that is led by Ramsay. Expectations are high in this battle, especially for Stannis who lost the majority of his forces in the Battle of the Blackwater.
The release of "Winds of Winter" would be necessary if the TV show "Game of Thrones" is to move beyond season 5. Meanwhile the actors who play the roles of Bran and Hodor are taking a break from the filming this season.
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Leaked Images And Production Update: Unsullied Prepare for Battle Scene [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 5 Spoilers: What Happens To Slaves In Meereen [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia