'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare': Devs Talk Development Of Game And Weapons As New Sneak Trailer Gets Out
By Gel Galang | September 5, 2014 1:48 PM EST
As futuristic as "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" may be, developer Sledgehammer Games has touted time and again that it wants to bring the spirit of the "COD" franchise by also delivering its own trademark as a developer.
A gamer plays "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" on an Xbox One console during the Xbox Play Day 2014, before the Gamescom 2014 fair in Cologne August 12, 2014. The Gamescom convention, Europe's largest video games trade fair, is opened to the public from August 14 to 17.
"The rules were simple: Anything that went into the game had to be plausible and based on science, not science fiction," Sledgehammer Games stated over its official blog.
One of these weapons that take this principle into mind is the Directed Energy Weapons, or DEWs. These are a new type of weapon in "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare." The DEWs actually exist today, according to the devs' researches, but to add it in the game, Sledgehammer Games put some imagination to use and thought out how it would be like 45 years into the future.
In addition to this, the developers ensured that the function of the weapon is all figured out and works in conjunction with the single player, multiplayer and co-op modes of the title.
Expected Limited Edition On The Xbox One
A limited edition of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" meant for the Xbox One has been announced by Activision and Microsoft. This new bundle, which will also be released on Nov. 3, features a specialised design of the Xbox One console, tailored especially for the special edition of the Advanced Warfare franchise.
Cinema Blend features a snapshot of the coveted limited edition Xbox One for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare." Both the controller and the console have specifically tailored designs as well as the Day-Zero edition of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare."
Prestige Emblems Leaked In 'Advanced Warfare'
Even though the release date for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is still a few months away, a new leak has been spotted, this time featuring alleged prestige emblems. Gameranx spotted a leak via Twitter source Miss Krypto, who had posted a blurry image featuring 11 prestige emblems.
The blurriness does prevent one from confirming if these really are from the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" though, according to the Gameranx, this may be a way to sidestep any legal actions from Activision. The main thing about these leaks is that they bring back the colourful images for prestige emblems, which is a far cry from those found in "Call of Duty: Ghosts."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu