'Assassin’s Creed Unity' Shows Off New Screenshots, Videos And The Arno-Elise Love Story
By Gel Galang | September 5, 2014 1:36 PM EST
As a next-gen only game, "Assassin's Creed Unity" may have a lot going for it even if there are many other versions of the game already (with another one slated for release for last-gen consoles). What supposedly sets "Assassin's Creed Unity" apart is it goes back to the basics of the franchise, which is all about stealth and assassinations.
A woman dressed as Marie Antoinette from the video game "Assassin's Creed: Unity" promotes the game in the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
A recent preview video by Eurogamer showed different missions and the parkour experience that gamers can engage in. In Eurogamer's interview with creative director Alex Amancio, Amancio stated that the parkour was revamped and rebuilt in order to make the movements more fluid and more seamless for the player.
The game also features a more realistic touch as the parkour allows more freedom and flexibility of moves, according to Amancio. For those with a great eye for detail, the little edges, nooks, and crannies of buildings can serve as stepping stones in the parkour movement, to make the game seem more realistic and life-like.
There is also the Black Box mission where the player will be given objectives that he needs to accomplish; a sandbox area is featured as well--the player will have to complete the mission in whatever way he wants or can think of. The developers have stated time and again that every play in "Assassin's Creed Unity" can be enjoyed in more ways than one, as "replayability" allows players to take on a mission in a different way every time.
For those who don't want too many distractions onscreen, Amancio also addressed previous criticism regarding a reported screenshot with too many icons on the gameplay screen that seemed to take away the fluid experience in the game. Amancio stated that these only appear at certain instances such as when the player is on the rooftop--the icons are there to help strategize one's next move instead of the player being permanently onscreen.
Beyond controls, "Assassin's Creed Unity" has also been creating a buzz for the complex relationship between lead character Arno and a lead female character Elise. In screenshots that have recently appeared online such as those featured in True Achievements, there are a few that highlight the two together. While their story is more complex than romantic--having conflicting goals and risking lives for such goals--it seems that the narrative for "Assassin's Creed Unity" may have an unpredictable outcome that may tickle fans' fancy.
As Gamerant points out, the dark secrets and potentially darker goals of both characters come from their different backgrounds, but their mystery and objectives will also be translated into gameplay; the question now is how the developers will deliver it and how the fans will take it.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates