Floyd Mayweather Ex-Fiancée Shantel Jackson Files Lawsuit Against Him For Domestic Violence
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 5, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather's ex-fiancée, Shantel Jackson, claims that she was a victim of domestic abuse and reportedly files lawsuit against the undefeated fighter. Jackson is suing Mayweather over incidents of domestic abuse when they were still together.
REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun
WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. speaks to reporters during a media day at the Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas, Nevada September 2, 2014. Mayweather will face Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a rematch at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on September 13, 2014. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus
TMZ Sports obtained exclusive information from the lawsuit that Jackson has filed against Mayweather. She asserts that the first instance of abuse occurred in 2012. It was around the time when Mayweather was released from prison after serving three months in jail. Mayweather has previously pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanour battery domestic violence.
According to Jackson's statements, she and Mayweather were having an argument when he twisted her arm and choked her before snatching her phone to look through it. Jackson said Mayweather got physical with her for the second time in April 2013. She said that Mayweather twisted her arm again and forcefully held her. She added that the undefeated boxer even pointed a gun on her toes. He even commanded her to take off their engagement ring at gunpoint.
Jackson said that there was another incident of abuse that happened in his flat at the Ritz in Los Angeles, California in February 2014. The former couple reportedly parted ways in late 2013. In the February incident, Jackson said that Mayweather gripped her arm, pulled her inside and prevented her from leaving the place.
Jackson's lawsuit involves charges for assault, battery, defamation, harassment, intentional infliction of emotional distress and invasion of privacy among others. Jackson states that Mayweather attacked her privacy when he posted a picture of her ultrasound report.
TMZ Sports tried to reach out to Mayweather for comment, but the boxer's camp remained silent on the issue.
In 2011, Mayweather has pleaded guilty to the charges that his former girlfriend and mother of his two children, Josie Harris, filed against him. Harris' lawsuit explained how Mayweather pulled her hair, punched her and twisted her arm in front of their kids in 2010. He was sentenced 90 days jail time. He began serving his jail time in June 2012. He was released on Aug. 3, 2013.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- 2014 NFL Thanksgiving Games Results: Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, Seattle Seahawks Notch All-Important Wins With Major Postseason Implications
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report