Floyd Mayweather Ex-Fiancée Shantel Jackson Files Lawsuit Against Him For Domestic Violence
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 5, 2014 1:36 PM EST
Floyd Mayweather's ex-fiancée, Shantel Jackson, claims that she was a victim of domestic abuse and reportedly files lawsuit against the undefeated fighter. Jackson is suing Mayweather over incidents of domestic abuse when they were still together.
REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun
WBC/WBA welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. of the U.S. speaks to reporters during a media day at the Mayweather Boxing Club in Las Vegas, Nevada September 2, 2014. Mayweather will face Marcos Maidana of Argentina in a rematch at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on September 13, 2014. REUTERS/Las Vegas Sun/Steve Marcus
TMZ Sports obtained exclusive information from the lawsuit that Jackson has filed against Mayweather. She asserts that the first instance of abuse occurred in 2012. It was around the time when Mayweather was released from prison after serving three months in jail. Mayweather has previously pleaded guilty to a charge of misdemeanour battery domestic violence.
According to Jackson's statements, she and Mayweather were having an argument when he twisted her arm and choked her before snatching her phone to look through it. Jackson said Mayweather got physical with her for the second time in April 2013. She said that Mayweather twisted her arm again and forcefully held her. She added that the undefeated boxer even pointed a gun on her toes. He even commanded her to take off their engagement ring at gunpoint.
Jackson said that there was another incident of abuse that happened in his flat at the Ritz in Los Angeles, California in February 2014. The former couple reportedly parted ways in late 2013. In the February incident, Jackson said that Mayweather gripped her arm, pulled her inside and prevented her from leaving the place.
Jackson's lawsuit involves charges for assault, battery, defamation, harassment, intentional infliction of emotional distress and invasion of privacy among others. Jackson states that Mayweather attacked her privacy when he posted a picture of her ultrasound report.
TMZ Sports tried to reach out to Mayweather for comment, but the boxer's camp remained silent on the issue.
In 2011, Mayweather has pleaded guilty to the charges that his former girlfriend and mother of his two children, Josie Harris, filed against him. Harris' lawsuit explained how Mayweather pulled her hair, punched her and twisted her arm in front of their kids in 2010. He was sentenced 90 days jail time. He began serving his jail time in June 2012. He was released on Aug. 3, 2013.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions