Chelsea FC Transfer News: Mourinho Preferred Inter Milan For Torres
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 5, 2014 1:29 PM EST
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho explicitly stated that he preferred Inter for Fernando Torres over their city rivals AC Milan.
AC Milan's newly signed player Fernando Torres (C) watches their Italian Serie A soccer match against Lazio at the San Siro stadium in Milan August 31, 2014.
The Spanish international joined the Rossoneri on a two-year loan deal, which, in effect, can be considered as a sale since the 30-year-old's contract will expire at the end of his stint at the San Siro, unless, a recall clause had been stipulated in the agreement and the Blues would exercise it.
"I'm an Interista and I would have preferred if he'd gone to Inter," said the Portuguese mentor.
Nevertheless, Mourinho bids Torres, whom he insisted to hold onto but just couldn't due to internal circumstances, well.
"However, I hope that he does equally well at Milan," he added.
"What I can say about Fernando is that as a person and a professional, there is nothing to doubt about him."
The former Atletico Madrid and Liverpool hitman never lived up to his £50million billing since moving to Stamford Bridge in January 2011. His 20 goal output in three-and-a-half seasons says it all.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Boxing News: Freddie Roach Not Buying Into Arum's Claim Of Pacquiao v Mayweather In 2015, Claims 'Money' Will Say 'No' After Algieri Fight
- Door Is Open For Brock Lesnar To Make UFC Return -- Dana White
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports