MH370 Update: Hard Objects Found In The Seabed While Mapping
By Afza Fathima | September 5, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Scientists think that the plane might have come down in the MH370 search area where hard objects inconsistent with the region were found during seabed mapping. The objects were identified with the help of satellite-tracking data and flight-simulation analysis.
The shadow of a Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion maritime search aircraft can be seen on low-level clouds as it flies over the southern Indian Ocean looking for missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 March 31, 2014.
He exclaimed that there was nothing that screamed out 'I look like an aircraft'. He added that the area was horribly complicated.
An area of 60,000 square kilometres in the Indian Ocean, which is 1,800 kilometres off the coast of Western Australia, has been narrowed by experts from Australia, Britain and the United States.
Mr. Dolan said that there are complexities surrounding the search and they could not be understated. The search would be a major undertaking with immense complexities and challenges. Areas with limited known data and aircraft flight information are what the search involves, he said.
He explained that it was impossible to determine whether the aircraft entered the water but all the available data point that the search area is close to a narrow arc of the south of the Indian Ocean.
He continued that the reason that they were confident of finding the aircraft is because the best minds from all around the world have reviewed, refined and localises the area, most likely as to where the aircraft could have entered the area.
Warren Truss, the Federal Transport Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister, said that Australia has signed a memorandum of understanding with Liow Tiong Lai, the Transport Minister of Malaysia.
Mr. Truss said that research was in progress to trace the phone call that the ground staff of the Malaysian Airlines placed to the plane when it disappeared. Suggestions have been made that the aircraft may have turned south with the help of data like that of the unsuccessful telephone conversation.
The Deputy Prime Minister said that further refinement of the data from the satellite has led to revelations that the areas are to the south and this cause "particular interest and priority".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions