MH370 Update: Hard Objects Found In The Seabed While Mapping
By Afza Fathima | September 5, 2014 12:48 PM EST
Scientists think that the plane might have come down in the MH370 search area where hard objects inconsistent with the region were found during seabed mapping. The objects were identified with the help of satellite-tracking data and flight-simulation analysis.
The shadow of a Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) P3 Orion maritime search aircraft can be seen on low-level clouds as it flies over the southern Indian Ocean looking for missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 March 31, 2014.
He exclaimed that there was nothing that screamed out 'I look like an aircraft'. He added that the area was horribly complicated.
An area of 60,000 square kilometres in the Indian Ocean, which is 1,800 kilometres off the coast of Western Australia, has been narrowed by experts from Australia, Britain and the United States.
Mr. Dolan said that there are complexities surrounding the search and they could not be understated. The search would be a major undertaking with immense complexities and challenges. Areas with limited known data and aircraft flight information are what the search involves, he said.
He explained that it was impossible to determine whether the aircraft entered the water but all the available data point that the search area is close to a narrow arc of the south of the Indian Ocean.
He continued that the reason that they were confident of finding the aircraft is because the best minds from all around the world have reviewed, refined and localises the area, most likely as to where the aircraft could have entered the area.
Warren Truss, the Federal Transport Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister, said that Australia has signed a memorandum of understanding with Liow Tiong Lai, the Transport Minister of Malaysia.
Mr. Truss said that research was in progress to trace the phone call that the ground staff of the Malaysian Airlines placed to the plane when it disappeared. Suggestions have been made that the aircraft may have turned south with the help of data like that of the unsuccessful telephone conversation.
The Deputy Prime Minister said that further refinement of the data from the satellite has led to revelations that the areas are to the south and this cause "particular interest and priority".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Top Fake News Websites - Be Aware Or Beware
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar