Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs. Galaxy S5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 5, 2014 12:18 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Alpha or the Galaxy S5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds a Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone during a launch event in Jakarta, August 28, 2014. South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said August 18 it plans to set up a factory to produce mobile phones mainly for Indonesia, one of the world's fastest growing markets for the devices. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The Galaxy S5 is the clear winner in this category with 432 ppi pixels display density compared to the 312 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy Alpha.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha measures 132.4 x 65.5 x 6.7 mm and weighs 115 grams. The Galaxy S5 is comparatively bigger, wider, thicker and heavier. The device measures 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm and weighs 145 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is equipped with a quad core 1.8 GHz Cortex A15 and quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5430 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha sports a 12 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with a Li-Ion 1860 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 11 hours on 3G. The Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $749.95 and the Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $609.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family