Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs. Galaxy S5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 5, 2014 12:18 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Alpha or the Galaxy S5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds a Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone during a launch event in Jakarta, August 28, 2014. South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said August 18 it plans to set up a factory to produce mobile phones mainly for Indonesia, one of the world's fastest growing markets for the devices. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The Galaxy S5 is the clear winner in this category with 432 ppi pixels display density compared to the 312 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy Alpha.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha measures 132.4 x 65.5 x 6.7 mm and weighs 115 grams. The Galaxy S5 is comparatively bigger, wider, thicker and heavier. The device measures 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm and weighs 145 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is equipped with a quad core 1.8 GHz Cortex A15 and quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5430 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha sports a 12 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with a Li-Ion 1860 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 11 hours on 3G. The Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $749.95 and the Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $609.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 Released: The 5 Biggest and Best Smartphones Of 2014: Their Best Features And Price Comparisons
- Xbox One News: Playable Games In Browser And Possible ‘Gears of War’ Exclusivity Reported
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Smart Pen Revealed As Gear Blink Gets Possible March 2015 Launch Date
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica