Samsung Galaxy Alpha vs. Galaxy S5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 5, 2014 12:18 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Alpha or the Galaxy S5, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A model holds a Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone during a launch event in Jakarta, August 28, 2014. South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co Ltd said August 18 it plans to set up a factory to produce mobile phones mainly for Indonesia, one of the world's fastest growing markets for the devices. REUTERS/Beawiharta
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with a 4.7-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Galaxy S5 comes with a 5.1-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The Galaxy S5 is the clear winner in this category with 432 ppi pixels display density compared to the 312 ppi pixels display density on the Galaxy Alpha.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha measures 132.4 x 65.5 x 6.7 mm and weighs 115 grams. The Galaxy S5 is comparatively bigger, wider, thicker and heavier. The device measures 142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm and weighs 145 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is equipped with a quad core 1.8 GHz Cortex A15 and quad core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 processor and Exynos 5 Octa 5430 chipset. It comes with 32 GB of internal memory and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Galaxy S5 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system and have 2 GB of RAM. In terms of computing power both the devices are about the same.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha sports a 12 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Galaxy S5 sports a 16 MP primary camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha comes with a Li-Ion 1860 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 11 hours on 3G. The Galaxy S5 comes with a Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours.
Price in Australia
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $749.95 and the Galaxy S5 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $609.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- Thanksgiving 2014: Five Ways To Take Better Photos With Smartphone Camera
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Best Buy,Target And Amazon Offer Huge Discounts On Tablets Like iPad Air 2, Shield Tablet, Surface Pro 3 And More
- Canada Jetlines Files For C$50 Million Airline IPO