‘Minecraft PS4 Edition’ Already Out in Europe, US To Follow As Devs Give More Details For The Title
By Gel Galang | September 5, 2014 11:32 AM EST
After the surprise announcement for the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" where the developers revealed that it will debut on the Xbox One as early as Sept. 5, PS4 owners were not left out in the mix with Mojang's latest announcement.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
The developers have finally made some dates official after previously mentioning the release of "Minecraft PS4 Edition" without exact dates. For starters, Mojang announced that those who are in Europe already have access to downloading "Minecraft PS4 Edition."
Apart from this, Mojang answers a few interesting questions for those who are not familiar with some transition mechanics. First is that those who already bought the "Minecraft PS3 Edition" need not buy the new version in full price if they bought the digital copy. All they need to do is upgrade to the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" for only $4.99--similar to the Xbox One version.
With this, gamers can already redownload their existing PS3 worlds. However, note that playing cross-platform is not possible, even with the world import feature. The full price of the "MInecraft PS4 Edition" will be $19.99 on the PSN Store.
As far as those in the U.S. are concerned, 4J Studios has made a more official announcement via its Twitter account, as seen in the tweet below: The PS Vita version may be the one to experience longer delays.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) September 4, 2014
"'Minecraft PlayStation Vita Edition' should be with us in a few weeks. As soon as we have a more accurate date we'll let you know," Mojang said. There's an additional statement where the devs assure fans that owners of the "Minecraft PS3 Edition" will get the PS Vita version for free.
The PlayStation Blog has also assured that those who bought a copy of "Minecraft PS3 Edition", whether digitally or via retail, will only need to pay a small fee to get the upgrade. In addition, any DLCs that they have already purchased on the "Minecraft PS3 Edition" will work with "Minecraft PS4 Edition." The link features a few new screenshots that fans may enjoy while waiting for arrival.
As a bonus tidbit for the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" players, 4J Studios has also mentioned that a stability update will be rolled out to ease the transfer of Xbox 360 and the saves done to the Xbox One.
Lastly, those who already have the Mass Effect Mashup pack will be happy to know that these now have textured mobs in the latest update rolled out.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- ‘GTA V' Title Update 1.04, Black Friday Sale And Heists DLC Release In December Possible
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast