‘Minecraft PS4 Edition’ Already Out in Europe, US To Follow As Devs Give More Details For The Title
By Gel Galang | September 5, 2014 11:32 AM EST
After the surprise announcement for the "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" where the developers revealed that it will debut on the Xbox One as early as Sept. 5, PS4 owners were not left out in the mix with Mojang's latest announcement.
Coders rest in the office of Mojang, a small Swedish company behind the wildly popular Minecraft video game, in Stockholm, in this January 21, 2013 file photo. A decade ago Sweden was one of the world's most taxed nations, but the government has since cut income taxes and abolished inheritance taxes. The government says the cuts as well as strong government finances have helped triple-A rated Sweden outpace much of European growth since the 2008 crisis. Swedes with jobs have seen their disposable income soar and startups like Mojang - creator of computer game Minecraft - have blossomed. But not everyone is benefiting equally. The share of people in Sweden who have less income than half the national median rose to 9 percent of the population in 2010, from 5 percent in 2004, according to the OECD. Promising no more cuts to welfare, Stefan Lofven is expected to win the September 2014 election with a centre-left coalition, ending eight years under a centre-right government.
The developers have finally made some dates official after previously mentioning the release of "Minecraft PS4 Edition" without exact dates. For starters, Mojang announced that those who are in Europe already have access to downloading "Minecraft PS4 Edition."
Apart from this, Mojang answers a few interesting questions for those who are not familiar with some transition mechanics. First is that those who already bought the "Minecraft PS3 Edition" need not buy the new version in full price if they bought the digital copy. All they need to do is upgrade to the "Minecraft PS4 Edition" for only $4.99--similar to the Xbox One version.
With this, gamers can already redownload their existing PS3 worlds. However, note that playing cross-platform is not possible, even with the world import feature. The full price of the "MInecraft PS4 Edition" will be $19.99 on the PSN Store.
As far as those in the U.S. are concerned, 4J Studios has made a more official announcement via its Twitter account, as seen in the tweet below: The PS Vita version may be the one to experience longer delays.
— 4J Studios (@4JStudios) September 4, 2014
"'Minecraft PlayStation Vita Edition' should be with us in a few weeks. As soon as we have a more accurate date we'll let you know," Mojang said. There's an additional statement where the devs assure fans that owners of the "Minecraft PS3 Edition" will get the PS Vita version for free.
The PlayStation Blog has also assured that those who bought a copy of "Minecraft PS3 Edition", whether digitally or via retail, will only need to pay a small fee to get the upgrade. In addition, any DLCs that they have already purchased on the "Minecraft PS3 Edition" will work with "Minecraft PS4 Edition." The link features a few new screenshots that fans may enjoy while waiting for arrival.
As a bonus tidbit for the "Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition" players, 4J Studios has also mentioned that a stability update will be rolled out to ease the transfer of Xbox 360 and the saves done to the Xbox One.
Lastly, those who already have the Mass Effect Mashup pack will be happy to know that these now have textured mobs in the latest update rolled out.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- Minecraft: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang Makers of Minecraft Today
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up