Final Specification of the iWatch in a New Detailed Report
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 10:45 AM EST
The Apple iWatch or iBand, as people have been calling it, has been long eluding its fans and reviewers. Not much has been confirmed by Apple. However, KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo claimed that Apple will launch two different versions of the iWatch. According to him, one of the iWatch will sport a display of 1.3 inches while the other will have a 1.5 inch display.
Visitors try out a Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Gear smartwatch at its exhibition hall at a railway station in Seoul November 25, 2013. Samsung Electronics Co is expected to spend around $14 billion - more than Iceland's GDP - on advertising and marketing this year, but it doesn't always get value for money. The outlay buys the South Korean technology giant publicity in TV and cinema ads, on billboards, and at sports and arts events from the Sydney Opera House to New York's Radio City Music Hall. Google Inc spent less on buying Motorola's handset business. Picture taken on November 25, 2013. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Both the devices will have a 512 MB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage space. What could be said of the Apple iWatch is that the specifications seem to be very extraordinary for a device that will be quite tiny. When compared with the Samsung Gear S Smartwatch, which also has a 512 MB RAM but an internal storage space of just 4 GB, the Apple iWatch beats the Samsung Gear S hands down with its specification.
Kuo also went on to add that he was not sure of the material Apple will use to build the watch. He has a very good record with Apple reports. However, he thinks that the company would use aluminium. This could also mean that the iWatch may not have a sapphire display. All these are just speculations. Nobody knows for sure, it's just a guessing game.
The 1.5 inch display of the iWatch was Kuo's report and that is the smallest size that has been doing the rounds. Earlier there were rumours that the display size would be 1.8 inches or even 2.5 inches. It seems obvious that Apple has been trying different versions of the device otherwise there would not be smoke without the fire.
However, there is still a long wait and speculations regarding the date of the release and all the rumours about the health kit and the problems that Apple is facing. Recent rumours are that the iWatch will be released along with the iPhone 6 on 9 September but will be on sale only in early 2015.
Until the stipulated date of release, it would be better to wait and watch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate