Final Specification of the iWatch in a New Detailed Report
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 10:45 AM EST
The Apple iWatch or iBand, as people have been calling it, has been long eluding its fans and reviewers. Not much has been confirmed by Apple. However, KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo claimed that Apple will launch two different versions of the iWatch. According to him, one of the iWatch will sport a display of 1.3 inches while the other will have a 1.5 inch display.
Visitors try out a Samsung Electronics' Galaxy Gear smartwatch at its exhibition hall at a railway station in Seoul November 25, 2013. Samsung Electronics Co is expected to spend around $14 billion - more than Iceland's GDP - on advertising and marketing this year, but it doesn't always get value for money. The outlay buys the South Korean technology giant publicity in TV and cinema ads, on billboards, and at sports and arts events from the Sydney Opera House to New York's Radio City Music Hall. Google Inc spent less on buying Motorola's handset business. Picture taken on November 25, 2013. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji
Both the devices will have a 512 MB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage space. What could be said of the Apple iWatch is that the specifications seem to be very extraordinary for a device that will be quite tiny. When compared with the Samsung Gear S Smartwatch, which also has a 512 MB RAM but an internal storage space of just 4 GB, the Apple iWatch beats the Samsung Gear S hands down with its specification.
Kuo also went on to add that he was not sure of the material Apple will use to build the watch. He has a very good record with Apple reports. However, he thinks that the company would use aluminium. This could also mean that the iWatch may not have a sapphire display. All these are just speculations. Nobody knows for sure, it's just a guessing game.
The 1.5 inch display of the iWatch was Kuo's report and that is the smallest size that has been doing the rounds. Earlier there were rumours that the display size would be 1.8 inches or even 2.5 inches. It seems obvious that Apple has been trying different versions of the device otherwise there would not be smoke without the fire.
However, there is still a long wait and speculations regarding the date of the release and all the rumours about the health kit and the problems that Apple is facing. Recent rumours are that the iWatch will be released along with the iPhone 6 on 9 September but will be on sale only in early 2015.
Until the stipulated date of release, it would be better to wait and watch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’