Ricky Martin Ready To Be A Father To A Baby Girl By 2015
By Annie Dee | September 5, 2014 10:37 AM EST
Ricky Martin wants to add a baby girl to his family of three by 2015. Father to a twin boys Matteo and Valentino, Ricky Martin expressed his desire to be a father to a baby girl as well.
REUTERS/ MARK DYE
Ricky Martin accepts the Vito Russo award during the GLAAD Media Awards in Times Square, New York, Saturday March 19, 2011. GLAAD is the Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Latino Fox News reports that the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer is set to have a little baby girl next year. "The little baby will come next year", shared the Latino singer to reporters present at the Ricky Martin Foundation Child Development and Prevention Center on Tuesday. Ricky shared that he wants to be there when "Daddy's little girl" arrives.
Martin became a father to Matteo and Valentino in 2008 through a surrogate. It remains to be seen whether he will go for surrogacy again to have a baby girl or engage in adoption instead. The enigmatic singer said that he wll have to make some calls to make a baby girl happen by 2015.
He is not going to do it with a partner by his side though. Earlier this year, the singer broke up with his boyfriend of already four years, Carlos González Abella.
The actor however is determined to have a new album released and go for a new tour first before expanding his family and adding a baby girl to his household.
A singer who already amassed 70 million album sales and still shining after 30 years in the industry, Ricky Martin was very out and proud of his sexuality since he came out in 2010, calling himself a "fortunate homosexual man".
Back when he first came out, Ricky released a statement saying that his twins were the ones who inspire him to be true to himself. Seeing how genuine and happy his kids were changed his perspective about living in the open.
"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids were born with", Martin stated.
He already expressed how much joy he experienced when the twins were born in 2008 to People.com, saying fatherhood changed him forever. Looks like he is excited to experience more changes as a baby girl comes along.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch