Ricky Martin Ready To Be A Father To A Baby Girl By 2015
By Annie Dee | September 5, 2014 10:37 AM EST
Ricky Martin wants to add a baby girl to his family of three by 2015. Father to a twin boys Matteo and Valentino, Ricky Martin expressed his desire to be a father to a baby girl as well.
REUTERS/ MARK DYE
Ricky Martin accepts the Vito Russo award during the GLAAD Media Awards in Times Square, New York, Saturday March 19, 2011. GLAAD is the Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Latino Fox News reports that the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer is set to have a little baby girl next year. "The little baby will come next year", shared the Latino singer to reporters present at the Ricky Martin Foundation Child Development and Prevention Center on Tuesday. Ricky shared that he wants to be there when "Daddy's little girl" arrives.
Martin became a father to Matteo and Valentino in 2008 through a surrogate. It remains to be seen whether he will go for surrogacy again to have a baby girl or engage in adoption instead. The enigmatic singer said that he wll have to make some calls to make a baby girl happen by 2015.
He is not going to do it with a partner by his side though. Earlier this year, the singer broke up with his boyfriend of already four years, Carlos González Abella.
The actor however is determined to have a new album released and go for a new tour first before expanding his family and adding a baby girl to his household.
A singer who already amassed 70 million album sales and still shining after 30 years in the industry, Ricky Martin was very out and proud of his sexuality since he came out in 2010, calling himself a "fortunate homosexual man".
Back when he first came out, Ricky released a statement saying that his twins were the ones who inspire him to be true to himself. Seeing how genuine and happy his kids were changed his perspective about living in the open.
"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids were born with", Martin stated.
He already expressed how much joy he experienced when the twins were born in 2008 to People.com, saying fatherhood changed him forever. Looks like he is excited to experience more changes as a baby girl comes along.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown