Ricky Martin Ready To Be A Father To A Baby Girl By 2015
By Annie Dee | September 5, 2014 10:37 AM EST
Ricky Martin wants to add a baby girl to his family of three by 2015. Father to a twin boys Matteo and Valentino, Ricky Martin expressed his desire to be a father to a baby girl as well.
REUTERS/ MARK DYE
Ricky Martin accepts the Vito Russo award during the GLAAD Media Awards in Times Square, New York, Saturday March 19, 2011. GLAAD is the Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Latino Fox News reports that the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer is set to have a little baby girl next year. "The little baby will come next year", shared the Latino singer to reporters present at the Ricky Martin Foundation Child Development and Prevention Center on Tuesday. Ricky shared that he wants to be there when "Daddy's little girl" arrives.
Martin became a father to Matteo and Valentino in 2008 through a surrogate. It remains to be seen whether he will go for surrogacy again to have a baby girl or engage in adoption instead. The enigmatic singer said that he wll have to make some calls to make a baby girl happen by 2015.
He is not going to do it with a partner by his side though. Earlier this year, the singer broke up with his boyfriend of already four years, Carlos González Abella.
The actor however is determined to have a new album released and go for a new tour first before expanding his family and adding a baby girl to his household.
A singer who already amassed 70 million album sales and still shining after 30 years in the industry, Ricky Martin was very out and proud of his sexuality since he came out in 2010, calling himself a "fortunate homosexual man".
Back when he first came out, Ricky released a statement saying that his twins were the ones who inspire him to be true to himself. Seeing how genuine and happy his kids were changed his perspective about living in the open.
"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids were born with", Martin stated.
He already expressed how much joy he experienced when the twins were born in 2008 to People.com, saying fatherhood changed him forever. Looks like he is excited to experience more changes as a baby girl comes along.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate