Ricky Martin Ready To Be A Father To A Baby Girl By 2015
By Annie Dee | September 5, 2014 10:37 AM EST
Ricky Martin wants to add a baby girl to his family of three by 2015. Father to a twin boys Matteo and Valentino, Ricky Martin expressed his desire to be a father to a baby girl as well.
REUTERS/ MARK DYE
Ricky Martin accepts the Vito Russo award during the GLAAD Media Awards in Times Square, New York, Saturday March 19, 2011. GLAAD is the Gay Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation
Latino Fox News reports that the "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer is set to have a little baby girl next year. "The little baby will come next year", shared the Latino singer to reporters present at the Ricky Martin Foundation Child Development and Prevention Center on Tuesday. Ricky shared that he wants to be there when "Daddy's little girl" arrives.
Martin became a father to Matteo and Valentino in 2008 through a surrogate. It remains to be seen whether he will go for surrogacy again to have a baby girl or engage in adoption instead. The enigmatic singer said that he wll have to make some calls to make a baby girl happen by 2015.
He is not going to do it with a partner by his side though. Earlier this year, the singer broke up with his boyfriend of already four years, Carlos González Abella.
The actor however is determined to have a new album released and go for a new tour first before expanding his family and adding a baby girl to his household.
A singer who already amassed 70 million album sales and still shining after 30 years in the industry, Ricky Martin was very out and proud of his sexuality since he came out in 2010, calling himself a "fortunate homosexual man".
Back when he first came out, Ricky released a statement saying that his twins were the ones who inspire him to be true to himself. Seeing how genuine and happy his kids were changed his perspective about living in the open.
"To keep living as I did up until today would be to indirectly diminish the glow that my kids were born with", Martin stated.
He already expressed how much joy he experienced when the twins were born in 2008 to People.com, saying fatherhood changed him forever. Looks like he is excited to experience more changes as a baby girl comes along.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions