‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’: Star Lord's Father Revealed -- Report
By Tanya Diente | September 5, 2014 10:36 AM EST
The identity of Peter Quill's (Chris Pratt) father in "Guardians of the Galaxy" was never revealed. Although if fans were to base the movie adaptation's story from the Marvel comics, Star Lord is written as the son of Prince Jason of Spartoi. However, a recent report claimed the sequel would finally reveal the guardian's father.
Director of the movie James Gunn (C) poses with cast members Benicio Del Toro (L) and Chris Pratt at the premiere of "Guardians of the Galaxy" in Hollywood, California July 21, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on August 1.
Inquisitr suggests Al Pacino could be cast as Peter Quill's father in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2." This speculation was specially derived at when the veteran actor expressed his desire to star in the movie.
Deadline reports that during the Venice Film Festival held on Saturday, Aug. 30, the 74-year old reportedly claimed he "would do anything" when asked if he would like to appear in the sequel or in any Marvel movie.
"I would do anything that I could understand in terms of how I fit in it," Al Pacino said.
"And, you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything's possible," he added.
The actor even raved about "Guardians of the Galaxy." He reportedly praised James Gunn's movie, calling it "good stuff." Additionally, he described it as "amazing, entertaining, inventive and a beautiful film."
Likewise, Al Pacino also complimented the "invention" of the sci-fi movie and the "ingenious stuff" done that made it appealing to the viewers, like the "great sound." He even likened it to a "Shakespearean feeling" that got him caught up in the big screen when he watched it with his children.
Apparently, movie director James Gunn couldn't have been happier with the actor's compliments. According to comicbook, when he read Pacino's comments from the site, he reportedly wrote back saying, "One of the great things about making 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is getting so many messages from folks in the industry whom I admire."
Then Gunn concluded by admitting to being a fan of "The Godfather" and "The Godfather 2," so Al Pacino's review of his movie "just might take the cake."
The site adds Al Pacino may have a chance of getting cast in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2," considering his awe over the first movie and James Gunn's admiration of his films.
Source: YouTube/Anil Yossundara
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?