‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’: Star Lord's Father Revealed -- Report
By Tanya Diente | September 5, 2014 10:36 AM EST
The identity of Peter Quill's (Chris Pratt) father in "Guardians of the Galaxy" was never revealed. Although if fans were to base the movie adaptation's story from the Marvel comics, Star Lord is written as the son of Prince Jason of Spartoi. However, a recent report claimed the sequel would finally reveal the guardian's father.
Director of the movie James Gunn (C) poses with cast members Benicio Del Toro (L) and Chris Pratt at the premiere of "Guardians of the Galaxy" in Hollywood, California July 21, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on August 1.
Inquisitr suggests Al Pacino could be cast as Peter Quill's father in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2." This speculation was specially derived at when the veteran actor expressed his desire to star in the movie.
Deadline reports that during the Venice Film Festival held on Saturday, Aug. 30, the 74-year old reportedly claimed he "would do anything" when asked if he would like to appear in the sequel or in any Marvel movie.
"I would do anything that I could understand in terms of how I fit in it," Al Pacino said.
"And, you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything's possible," he added.
The actor even raved about "Guardians of the Galaxy." He reportedly praised James Gunn's movie, calling it "good stuff." Additionally, he described it as "amazing, entertaining, inventive and a beautiful film."
Likewise, Al Pacino also complimented the "invention" of the sci-fi movie and the "ingenious stuff" done that made it appealing to the viewers, like the "great sound." He even likened it to a "Shakespearean feeling" that got him caught up in the big screen when he watched it with his children.
Apparently, movie director James Gunn couldn't have been happier with the actor's compliments. According to comicbook, when he read Pacino's comments from the site, he reportedly wrote back saying, "One of the great things about making 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is getting so many messages from folks in the industry whom I admire."
Then Gunn concluded by admitting to being a fan of "The Godfather" and "The Godfather 2," so Al Pacino's review of his movie "just might take the cake."
The site adds Al Pacino may have a chance of getting cast in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2," considering his awe over the first movie and James Gunn's admiration of his films.
Source: YouTube/Anil Yossundara
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS