‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’: Star Lord's Father Revealed -- Report
By Tanya Diente | September 5, 2014 10:36 AM EST
The identity of Peter Quill's (Chris Pratt) father in "Guardians of the Galaxy" was never revealed. Although if fans were to base the movie adaptation's story from the Marvel comics, Star Lord is written as the son of Prince Jason of Spartoi. However, a recent report claimed the sequel would finally reveal the guardian's father.
Director of the movie James Gunn (C) poses with cast members Benicio Del Toro (L) and Chris Pratt at the premiere of "Guardians of the Galaxy" in Hollywood, California July 21, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on August 1.
Inquisitr suggests Al Pacino could be cast as Peter Quill's father in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2." This speculation was specially derived at when the veteran actor expressed his desire to star in the movie.
Deadline reports that during the Venice Film Festival held on Saturday, Aug. 30, the 74-year old reportedly claimed he "would do anything" when asked if he would like to appear in the sequel or in any Marvel movie.
"I would do anything that I could understand in terms of how I fit in it," Al Pacino said.
"And, you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything's possible," he added.
The actor even raved about "Guardians of the Galaxy." He reportedly praised James Gunn's movie, calling it "good stuff." Additionally, he described it as "amazing, entertaining, inventive and a beautiful film."
Likewise, Al Pacino also complimented the "invention" of the sci-fi movie and the "ingenious stuff" done that made it appealing to the viewers, like the "great sound." He even likened it to a "Shakespearean feeling" that got him caught up in the big screen when he watched it with his children.
Apparently, movie director James Gunn couldn't have been happier with the actor's compliments. According to comicbook, when he read Pacino's comments from the site, he reportedly wrote back saying, "One of the great things about making 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is getting so many messages from folks in the industry whom I admire."
Then Gunn concluded by admitting to being a fan of "The Godfather" and "The Godfather 2," so Al Pacino's review of his movie "just might take the cake."
The site adds Al Pacino may have a chance of getting cast in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2," considering his awe over the first movie and James Gunn's admiration of his films.
Source: YouTube/Anil Yossundara
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage