‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’: Star Lord's Father Revealed -- Report
By Tanya Diente | September 5, 2014 10:36 AM EST
The identity of Peter Quill's (Chris Pratt) father in "Guardians of the Galaxy" was never revealed. Although if fans were to base the movie adaptation's story from the Marvel comics, Star Lord is written as the son of Prince Jason of Spartoi. However, a recent report claimed the sequel would finally reveal the guardian's father.
Director of the movie James Gunn (C) poses with cast members Benicio Del Toro (L) and Chris Pratt at the premiere of "Guardians of the Galaxy" in Hollywood, California July 21, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on August 1.
Inquisitr suggests Al Pacino could be cast as Peter Quill's father in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2." This speculation was specially derived at when the veteran actor expressed his desire to star in the movie.
Deadline reports that during the Venice Film Festival held on Saturday, Aug. 30, the 74-year old reportedly claimed he "would do anything" when asked if he would like to appear in the sequel or in any Marvel movie.
"I would do anything that I could understand in terms of how I fit in it," Al Pacino said.
"And, you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything's possible," he added.
The actor even raved about "Guardians of the Galaxy." He reportedly praised James Gunn's movie, calling it "good stuff." Additionally, he described it as "amazing, entertaining, inventive and a beautiful film."
Likewise, Al Pacino also complimented the "invention" of the sci-fi movie and the "ingenious stuff" done that made it appealing to the viewers, like the "great sound." He even likened it to a "Shakespearean feeling" that got him caught up in the big screen when he watched it with his children.
Apparently, movie director James Gunn couldn't have been happier with the actor's compliments. According to comicbook, when he read Pacino's comments from the site, he reportedly wrote back saying, "One of the great things about making 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is getting so many messages from folks in the industry whom I admire."
Then Gunn concluded by admitting to being a fan of "The Godfather" and "The Godfather 2," so Al Pacino's review of his movie "just might take the cake."
The site adds Al Pacino may have a chance of getting cast in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2," considering his awe over the first movie and James Gunn's admiration of his films.
Source: YouTube/Anil Yossundara
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More