Alleged 4.7-Inch And 5.5-Inch Apple iPhone 6 Price Details Revealed For 16GB, 32GB and 64GB Variants
By Pavithra Rathinavel | September 5, 2014 10:05 AM EST
Thanks to the Sept. 9 release date, speculations surrounding the specifications and features of the iPhone 6 are coming to an end. However, we now have information on the pricing details pertaining to all three models of the iPhone 6.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
The leaked information comes from Hong Kong detailing the alleged cost of both the 4.7-inch and the 5.5-inch variants. The 4.7-inch Apple iPhone 6 is reportedly priced at 6,663 HKD (that roughly translates to US$859, AU$920 and £522) for a 16 GB model. Whereas the 32 GB and 64 GB variants are priced at 7,671 HKD (that roughly translates to US$986, AU$1,060 and £601) and 8,679 HKD (that roughly translates to US$1,119, AU$1,199 and £680) respectively, according to GSM Arena.
On the other hand, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 phablet with superior under the hood specification turns out to be very expensive. The 16 GB variant will reportedly cost 7,923 HKD (that roughly translates to US$1,022, AU$1,094 and £621) for a 16 GB variant. The 32 GB and 64 GB 5.5-inch models are priced at 8,931 HKD (that roughly translates to US$1,152, AU$1,233 and £700) and 9,687 HKD (that roughly translates to US$1,249, AU$1,338 and £759), respectively.
Also it is worth noting that, the actual pricing in the US and elsewhere will not be a literal translation of the price quoted in Hong Kong. Therefore the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 model with 16 GB of internal storage capacity might reportedly cost around US$799. In addition, the 32 GB and the 64 GB variants could cost US$899 and US$999 respectively. Hence there is a good chance that the phablet 5.5-inch model with 32 GB and 64 GB storage could easily cross the US$1000 mark, opines GSM Arena. However, Apple has not confirmed any of the above information thus far.
With the release date nearing, Apple fan boys and cheer girls are apparently lining up for the big day Sept. 9. If reports are true, once the iPhone 6 models are introduced on the aforementioned date, the shipment of the device would start from Sept. 19. Predominantly due to the fact that, Apple launched iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S on Sept. 10 in 2013 and released the phone within 10 days right after the launch, according to CBSNews.
Upon release, the iPhone 6 will faceoff with Samsung's recently released Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge and also the latest Sony Xperia Z3. Apart from the new phones released recently, the HTC One M8, the Samsung Galaxy S5 and even the underdog OnePlus One come with terrific specifications to give superior competition to Apple's next-generation device.
1. iPhone 6 Release Date And Specs Roundup: Dimensions of 4.7-inch And 5.5-inch Models Plus Mobile Payment/Resolution Revealed - [Read]
3. Moto G2 (At $214) vs. Moto G - Early Specifications And Price Comparison- [Read]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan