Scarlett Johansson Gives Birth To Baby Girl
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 5, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Scarlett Johansson becomes mother for the first time. She gave birth to a baby girl who has been named Rose.
According to The Associate Press, Johansson's rep Marcel Pariseau confirmed that both the child and the mother were in healthy condition. This was the first time the 29-year-old American actress became a mother. She started dating Romain Dauriac, who owns an advertising agency, in the latter part of 2012. The couple became engaged in Sept. 2013. This September, celebrating the first anniversary of their engagement, the couple welcomes their new baby.
Actress Scarlett Johansson arrives at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City for a special screening of her film "scoop" July 26, 2006.
Before dating Dauriac, Johansson was married to Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. Johansson, who frequents the list of "Sexiest Women in the World" in recent years, bought a $2.8 million house with her the then husband near Los Angeles. She, however, got divorced in July 2011. She presently lives with Dauriac near Paris. It was in May 2014 when it was widely announced that Johansson was "very pregnant" with Dauriac's child.
According Johansson's rep, the couple that has just become parents for the first time wants to stay private about their child. Pariseau also said that Johansson and Dauriac were in favour of the "No Kids Policy." The policy, which is followed by several celebrities in Hollywood, means that celeb children are kept out of public eye. If Johansson and her fiancé like to follow the policy, it means that they will prefer their child staying out of media attention.
Johansson was last seen in "Lucy" a science-fiction-action film directed by Luc Besson. The $40-million movie eventually earned more than $270.7 million worldwide since its release in July 2014. Angelina Jolie missed the opportunity to play the title role as Johansson was preferred for the character. Besson later clarified that Johansson had been the first choice for the role.
Johansson's most successful films include "Lost in Translation," "Girl with a Pearl Earring," "A Love Song for Bobby Long" and "Match Point." She was highly appreciated for doing the voice-over in the 2013 movie "Her." She played the romantic interest of the protagonist in the movie without being seen even once on screen.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report