Scarlett Johansson Gives Birth To Baby Girl
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 5, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Scarlett Johansson becomes mother for the first time. She gave birth to a baby girl who has been named Rose.
According to The Associate Press, Johansson's rep Marcel Pariseau confirmed that both the child and the mother were in healthy condition. This was the first time the 29-year-old American actress became a mother. She started dating Romain Dauriac, who owns an advertising agency, in the latter part of 2012. The couple became engaged in Sept. 2013. This September, celebrating the first anniversary of their engagement, the couple welcomes their new baby.
Actress Scarlett Johansson arrives at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City for a special screening of her film "scoop" July 26, 2006.
Before dating Dauriac, Johansson was married to Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. Johansson, who frequents the list of "Sexiest Women in the World" in recent years, bought a $2.8 million house with her the then husband near Los Angeles. She, however, got divorced in July 2011. She presently lives with Dauriac near Paris. It was in May 2014 when it was widely announced that Johansson was "very pregnant" with Dauriac's child.
According Johansson's rep, the couple that has just become parents for the first time wants to stay private about their child. Pariseau also said that Johansson and Dauriac were in favour of the "No Kids Policy." The policy, which is followed by several celebrities in Hollywood, means that celeb children are kept out of public eye. If Johansson and her fiancé like to follow the policy, it means that they will prefer their child staying out of media attention.
Johansson was last seen in "Lucy" a science-fiction-action film directed by Luc Besson. The $40-million movie eventually earned more than $270.7 million worldwide since its release in July 2014. Angelina Jolie missed the opportunity to play the title role as Johansson was preferred for the character. Besson later clarified that Johansson had been the first choice for the role.
Johansson's most successful films include "Lost in Translation," "Girl with a Pearl Earring," "A Love Song for Bobby Long" and "Match Point." She was highly appreciated for doing the voice-over in the 2013 movie "Her." She played the romantic interest of the protagonist in the movie without being seen even once on screen.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date