Scarlett Johansson Gives Birth To Baby Girl
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 5, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Scarlett Johansson becomes mother for the first time. She gave birth to a baby girl who has been named Rose.
According to The Associate Press, Johansson's rep Marcel Pariseau confirmed that both the child and the mother were in healthy condition. This was the first time the 29-year-old American actress became a mother. She started dating Romain Dauriac, who owns an advertising agency, in the latter part of 2012. The couple became engaged in Sept. 2013. This September, celebrating the first anniversary of their engagement, the couple welcomes their new baby.
Actress Scarlett Johansson arrives at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City for a special screening of her film "scoop" July 26, 2006.
Before dating Dauriac, Johansson was married to Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. Johansson, who frequents the list of "Sexiest Women in the World" in recent years, bought a $2.8 million house with her the then husband near Los Angeles. She, however, got divorced in July 2011. She presently lives with Dauriac near Paris. It was in May 2014 when it was widely announced that Johansson was "very pregnant" with Dauriac's child.
According Johansson's rep, the couple that has just become parents for the first time wants to stay private about their child. Pariseau also said that Johansson and Dauriac were in favour of the "No Kids Policy." The policy, which is followed by several celebrities in Hollywood, means that celeb children are kept out of public eye. If Johansson and her fiancé like to follow the policy, it means that they will prefer their child staying out of media attention.
Johansson was last seen in "Lucy" a science-fiction-action film directed by Luc Besson. The $40-million movie eventually earned more than $270.7 million worldwide since its release in July 2014. Angelina Jolie missed the opportunity to play the title role as Johansson was preferred for the character. Besson later clarified that Johansson had been the first choice for the role.
Johansson's most successful films include "Lost in Translation," "Girl with a Pearl Earring," "A Love Song for Bobby Long" and "Match Point." She was highly appreciated for doing the voice-over in the 2013 movie "Her." She played the romantic interest of the protagonist in the movie without being seen even once on screen.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks