Scarlett Johansson Gives Birth To Baby Girl
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | September 5, 2014 9:25 AM EST
Scarlett Johansson becomes mother for the first time. She gave birth to a baby girl who has been named Rose.
According to The Associate Press, Johansson's rep Marcel Pariseau confirmed that both the child and the mother were in healthy condition. This was the first time the 29-year-old American actress became a mother. She started dating Romain Dauriac, who owns an advertising agency, in the latter part of 2012. The couple became engaged in Sept. 2013. This September, celebrating the first anniversary of their engagement, the couple welcomes their new baby.
Actress Scarlett Johansson arrives at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City for a special screening of her film "scoop" July 26, 2006.
Before dating Dauriac, Johansson was married to Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds. Johansson, who frequents the list of "Sexiest Women in the World" in recent years, bought a $2.8 million house with her the then husband near Los Angeles. She, however, got divorced in July 2011. She presently lives with Dauriac near Paris. It was in May 2014 when it was widely announced that Johansson was "very pregnant" with Dauriac's child.
According Johansson's rep, the couple that has just become parents for the first time wants to stay private about their child. Pariseau also said that Johansson and Dauriac were in favour of the "No Kids Policy." The policy, which is followed by several celebrities in Hollywood, means that celeb children are kept out of public eye. If Johansson and her fiancé like to follow the policy, it means that they will prefer their child staying out of media attention.
Johansson was last seen in "Lucy" a science-fiction-action film directed by Luc Besson. The $40-million movie eventually earned more than $270.7 million worldwide since its release in July 2014. Angelina Jolie missed the opportunity to play the title role as Johansson was preferred for the character. Besson later clarified that Johansson had been the first choice for the role.
Johansson's most successful films include "Lost in Translation," "Girl with a Pearl Earring," "A Love Song for Bobby Long" and "Match Point." She was highly appreciated for doing the voice-over in the 2013 movie "Her." She played the romantic interest of the protagonist in the movie without being seen even once on screen.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- 'CSI Crime Scene Investigation' Season 15 Recap: Episode 7 ‘Road to Recovery' Aired On Nov. 23, 2014, A Girl In A Rehabilitation Facility Ends Up Dead In A Pool And The ‘CSI Las Vegas’ Team Investigated Her Death [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James