Samsung Unveils Its Galaxy note 4, Gear VR Device And Galaxy Note Edge On Its Major Launch Event
By Patricia Marie Tayson | September 5, 2014 9:15 AM EST
The Note 4 is reportedly to be the company's most anticipated device that was announced. Samsung is still going for the better as it was announced that the device will allow users to make "selfies with even more people" with the use of its front and rear cameras, according to Forbes. The note 4 is reported to have a Quad HD Super AMOLED display that is reported to improve the resolution and the quality without changing the screen size. The Note 4 has a 16 MP rear camera and to take advantage of the large screen Note 4 has to offer, a multi window feature can be used. According to Samsung, the Note 4 will launch in U.S. on October.
File picture shows people holding their mobile phones as they sit on an advertisement of Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S smartphone in Seoul
Forbes notes that the multi window feature felt a bit counterintuitive at first. When the back button is held, the taskbar and other apps like the camera and Facebook pulls up. Multiple icons can be seen on the main screen. The screen can be split into two that will allow users to multitask. The camera can be layered on top of the screen as a small window for a quick access to photos while users can multitask and open other apps on the screen, according to Forbes.
Another device announced by Samsung is its Galaxy Note Edge. It seems to be almost like Note 4 from its hardware to its software however, difference that can easily be noticed is its 5.6-inch Quad HD+ bent display. It is reportedly to be 3.8mm wider and 2.2mm shorter than the Note 4. Note Edge is reported to have a smaller battery at 3,000mAh. Like the Note 4, it also has a metallic design, same soft-touch back as well. Galaxy Edge is expected to have the same 16MP rear camera, same heart rate monitor, same processor, memory, software and same Multi Window feature as well. Aside from the edge display, Samsung added functionality on it. The curved right section of the display is reported to operate independently from the main phone. The curved part of the phone will allow users an area to launch apps, view info while its cover is closed and the curved area can provide notifications while the user is watching a video. Galaxy Edge is a very sleek-looking device that makes it an eye candy but Samsung might make it available at a premium cost. AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint confirmed that it will carry the Galaxy Note Edge once it is made available to the public.
Lastly, Samsung new virtual reality product is the fruit of its partnership with Oculus VR, the gear VR. The device is focused on entertainment since Samsung teamed up with Marvel and Legendary Pictures. Forbes reports that "it's a virtual cinema", according to Samsung EVP John Pleasant. The device is reported to be available for purchase later in fall.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast