Huawei Ascend P7 Gets a Sapphire Display: A Stiff Competition to iPhone 6
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 8:59 AM EST
The IFA Berlin will be a stiff competition for all devices with every company launching new ones. The Huawei Ascend P7 that is a flagship device of the Chinese company will have a sapphire display that will give it a feature to contend with. The back is made of ceramic and the phone will be scratch resistant. The Sapphire P7 was announced in Berlin but the pricing and the availability of the phone was not mentioned.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
The much talked about sapphire glass is scratch resistant and will suit the phone display. Most of the time users place their phone in the pocket and it is dashed around making the phones display prone to scratch and taking away the look and the shine of the smartphone. But with the sapphire glass, the display is very safe and durable. The rear of the Ascend is made of ceramic that is also scratch resistant. The phone has a metal edge in rose gold colour.
Many smartphones companies are using this display for their smartphones like the Apple iPhone 6. It is rumoured that the iPhone 6 will also sport a sapphire display and Huawei has made the move of announcing the sapphire display for the Ascend P7 before Sept. 9, the rumoured date of the iPhone 6 to be released. The Huawei will definitely give iPhone 6 a run for their money.
It is a 5 inch full HD Smartphone with a 1,920 x 1,080p resolution and 441ppi pixel density. It functions on a quad-core HiSilicon Kirin 910T processor with speeds at 1.8 GHz, 2 GB of RAM. The inbuilt storage of the phone is 16 GB. The rear camera is 13 mega pixel and an 8 mega pixel front camera. The Ascend P7 runs on Google's Android 4.4 KitKat OS. It is very slim and the dimension of the phone remains the same.
Specific details of the price, was not revealed by the company but with the sapphire glass the P7 will definitely cost more than their existing model.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- How To Update LG Nexus 4 To Android 4.4.4 KitKat Using LiquidSmooth Custom ROM
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’