Huawei Ascend P7 Gets a Sapphire Display: A Stiff Competition to iPhone 6
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 8:59 AM EST
The IFA Berlin will be a stiff competition for all devices with every company launching new ones. The Huawei Ascend P7 that is a flagship device of the Chinese company will have a sapphire display that will give it a feature to contend with. The back is made of ceramic and the phone will be scratch resistant. The Sapphire P7 was announced in Berlin but the pricing and the availability of the phone was not mentioned.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
The much talked about sapphire glass is scratch resistant and will suit the phone display. Most of the time users place their phone in the pocket and it is dashed around making the phones display prone to scratch and taking away the look and the shine of the smartphone. But with the sapphire glass, the display is very safe and durable. The rear of the Ascend is made of ceramic that is also scratch resistant. The phone has a metal edge in rose gold colour.
Many smartphones companies are using this display for their smartphones like the Apple iPhone 6. It is rumoured that the iPhone 6 will also sport a sapphire display and Huawei has made the move of announcing the sapphire display for the Ascend P7 before Sept. 9, the rumoured date of the iPhone 6 to be released. The Huawei will definitely give iPhone 6 a run for their money.
It is a 5 inch full HD Smartphone with a 1,920 x 1,080p resolution and 441ppi pixel density. It functions on a quad-core HiSilicon Kirin 910T processor with speeds at 1.8 GHz, 2 GB of RAM. The inbuilt storage of the phone is 16 GB. The rear camera is 13 mega pixel and an 8 mega pixel front camera. The Ascend P7 runs on Google's Android 4.4 KitKat OS. It is very slim and the dimension of the phone remains the same.
Specific details of the price, was not revealed by the company but with the sapphire glass the P7 will definitely cost more than their existing model.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2