Huawei Ascend P7 Gets a Sapphire Display: A Stiff Competition to iPhone 6
By Merlyn D'costa | September 5, 2014 8:59 AM EST
The IFA Berlin will be a stiff competition for all devices with every company launching new ones. The Huawei Ascend P7 that is a flagship device of the Chinese company will have a sapphire display that will give it a feature to contend with. The back is made of ceramic and the phone will be scratch resistant. The Sapphire P7 was announced in Berlin but the pricing and the availability of the phone was not mentioned.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
The much talked about sapphire glass is scratch resistant and will suit the phone display. Most of the time users place their phone in the pocket and it is dashed around making the phones display prone to scratch and taking away the look and the shine of the smartphone. But with the sapphire glass, the display is very safe and durable. The rear of the Ascend is made of ceramic that is also scratch resistant. The phone has a metal edge in rose gold colour.
Many smartphones companies are using this display for their smartphones like the Apple iPhone 6. It is rumoured that the iPhone 6 will also sport a sapphire display and Huawei has made the move of announcing the sapphire display for the Ascend P7 before Sept. 9, the rumoured date of the iPhone 6 to be released. The Huawei will definitely give iPhone 6 a run for their money.
It is a 5 inch full HD Smartphone with a 1,920 x 1,080p resolution and 441ppi pixel density. It functions on a quad-core HiSilicon Kirin 910T processor with speeds at 1.8 GHz, 2 GB of RAM. The inbuilt storage of the phone is 16 GB. The rear camera is 13 mega pixel and an 8 mega pixel front camera. The Ascend P7 runs on Google's Android 4.4 KitKat OS. It is very slim and the dimension of the phone remains the same.
Specific details of the price, was not revealed by the company but with the sapphire glass the P7 will definitely cost more than their existing model.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- More ‘FIFA 15’ Issues Found in Companion App And Luis Suarez Ban; A PS4 Physical Disc Bundle Spotted
- Get Invite Codes to Ello the Social Networking Site That Is Viral On the Internet
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Demo Distribution Method For Australia Revealed, More Info Coming
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’: New Trailer Shows Off Customisation As Rogue PC Version Gets Spotted In UPlay
- 'Super Smash Bros' For Nintendo 3DS XL Can Hamper Gaming Experience Due To More Resistant Circle Pad
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate