Transfer News: Man Utd Beat Real Madrid, Arsenal, And Liverpool To Falcao's Signature, His Father Reveals
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 4, 2014 7:48 PM EST
Monaco's Radamel Falcao celebrates after scoring against Nantes during their French Ligue 1 soccer match at the Beaujoire in Nantes, August 24, 2014.
The Colombian is still tied with his mother club, AS Monaco, until 2018, and just made a temporary season-long stop at Old Trafford.
"Things did not happen with Real Madrid because, if you have money and you go to the shops to buy a shirt or trousers, you have to decide if you buy it or not," the 28-year-old's father revealed.
"So Real Madrid opted not to do it and you can't do anything about that."
"Apart from that, I don't know, I have a feeling they wanted the player to offer himself as a gift with a number of conditions and things like that."
"Juventus, Manchester City, Liverpool also approached him and Arsenal at the last minute."
While it is seen as a good feat for the Red Devils in terms of finally being able to attract and land world-class players, the loan deal that reportedly cost them as much as £24million, along with Angel di Maria's purchase, is viewed as a sign of desperation from management and that it runs counter to United's philosophy of developing and spotting young talents.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet