Brock Lesnar Signs New Contract With WWE, May Appear In Night Of Champions [VIDEO]
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | September 4, 2014 7:21 PM EST
Brock Lesnar has always been sort of a mercenary, gun for hire when it comes to appearances for the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) since his comeback in 2012.
Now that he has snatched the WWE World Heavyweight championship, fans and organizers are scrambling to put him more in televisions. The Wrestling Observer broke news when it announced that the current heavyweight champion has just signed a contract with WWE that will allow the promotional outfit to schedule his matches at their behest.
"WWE has reportedly come to terms with Brock Lesnar on an agreement that will allow the company to book him as frequently as they want - for a price," the article on The Observer said.
With this development, WWE may now book one of wrestling's most bankable stars to Monday Night Raws, pay-per-views and Wrestlemanias on a pro-rated basis. Previously, the agreement was that Lesnar will appear in select events and WWE will work around his schedule to match his availability. This change will significantly bring out more exposure for Lesnar and a possible showdown with John Cena.
Of course, WWE is still to confirm this story and details on the agreed figures will probably not be released but Vince McMahon and Trilpe H are to be lauded if this is really true. Just last week, the Inquisitor relayed that Lesnar would not be made available for a fight for Night of Champions pay-per-view scheduled for late September. Followers of wrestling entertainment expressed their outrage over this as it was unfathomable to exclude the current heavyweight champion in an event billed as Night of Champions.
Well, with Brock Lesnar on board in professional wrestling for good, expect those rumblings to turn into cheers. The whole enigma of Lesnar was that he had an aura of not caring about what people thought of him. His silent macho demeanor is an imposing image to followers and opponents alike. And in this world, if John Cena cannot even put him into submission and three counts, then the organization will have its hands full in finding who will.
Now, WWE will have its plate full in finding Lesnar a real match.
For now, watch the highlights of Lesnar's win over Cena in Summer Slam:
(Video Courtesy of: Youtube/Pemba Sherpa)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports