5 Reasons Why the 'No Poo' Trend Is Hot In Hollywood -- And Why It Could Work
By Vanessa Doctor | September 4, 2014 4:16 PM EST
The "No Poo" movement stands for "No Shampoo", and several Hollywood stars are joining the bandwagon. The trend is followed by stars like Adele, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jessica Simpson and Nicole Scherzinger among others.
But what is the big deal about not shampooing? Is it even hygienic? Here are reasons why it could work out.
1. It is easy
The basic approach is to not shampoo your hair. Some people simply use water when washing their hair while others use natural or herbal products to cleanse their healthy mane. It is more convenient to many and saves a lot of time.
2. It reduces hair damage
Many celebrities realised that many of the hair products they use can actually damage their hair and scalp. When washing with shampoo, the natural layer on the scalp is removed, thereby exposing it to several irritants and external agents. Skipping shampoo allows the scalp to produce its natural oils at a slower rate, thereby preventing greasiness.
3. It prevents dry and itchy hair
Many shampoo products contain SLS or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and SLES or Sodium Laureth Sulfate. In an article by Thehealthsite.com, these elements mix with water to create the bubbly lather and foam when shampooing hair. Continuing to apply these in the long term will lead to rough dry hair and itchy scalp.
4. It is for either sex
Male and female celebrities use the "No Poo" approach to protect their scalp and showcase a healthier and shinier mane. Actors like Robert Pattinson and Johnny Depp have been using the method for a while with good results. The beneficial effects apply to both men and women.
5. You can make your own natural hair cleanser
Hollywood actors are boasting of their own secret natural hair formulas, which serve as substitutes to regular shampoo. According to the Times of India, many of these homemade products contain natural ingredients like baking soda, apple cider vinegar, Indian gooseberry, aloe and other herbs that strengthen and shine hair. Hollywood actors are becoming more creative in their formulas and share these with friends in the business.
Simply wash the homemade formula with water. Even people outside of Hollywood can benefit much from the "No Poo" approach and use it for the long term.
Join the Conversation
- Using Hand Dryers in Public Restrooms Could Spread Germs
- HIV Cure: Modified Gene Therapy Causing Resistance And Mysterious Enzyme Could Unlock Effective Treatment
- Text Neck Causes More Harm Than You Think
- Beating Postnatal Depression Is Just A Phone Call Away
- Kourtney Kardashian Thinks Pregnancy Nausea Should Not Be Called 'Morning Sickness' Because It Lasts All Day
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James