Manny Pacquiao Says Floyd Mayweather’s Zero Record Means Nothing, Calls American Boxer ‘Uneducated’
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 4, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao recently spoke about Floyd Mayweather. He has explained why the much-anticipated fight between him and the unbeaten boxer hasn't happened yet. Pacquiao even followed 50 Cent's lead, calling Mayweather uneducated.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines attends a promotional event with his next opponent Chris Algieri of the U.S. (not pictured) at a hotel in downtown Shanghai August 26, 2014. Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight title against Algieri at the Venetian's Cotai Arena in Macau on November 22, 2014. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
In an interview with NJ.com's Jerry Izenberg, Pacquiao shared his thoughts on the topic of the fight that boxing fanatics have been longing to witness between him and Mayweather. For Pacquaio, the answer to the question why the super fight wouldn't happen is simple.
"I think he is worried about his (undefeated) record," Pacquiao said. The eight-division world champion said that Mayweather likes to talk about his zero losses, but the American's perfect record means nothing when measured against the opponents he fought. Pacquaio added and said that if Mayweather doesn't defend against the best fighters in the world, his unbeaten record doesn't make sense.
In May, prior Mayweather's fight with Marcos Maidana, Oscar De La Hoya has said that Mayweather's record should be 43-3.
According to Pacquiao, he had already devised a master plan to fight Mayweather if the super fight takes place. The Filipino fighter said he has the know-how and boxing tactics to make Mayweather stand and fight. "I know what his style is all about."
Pacquiao expounded that Mayweather isn't afraid of fighting, but just simply alarmed that spending one night in the ring with him would tarnish his boxing record. Pacquiao said he finally grasped why Mayweather behaves that way.
"What I learned and heard from him, I realise why he is like that."
"I understand sometimes when people are not educated, they just talk the talk."
"He sets a very bad example."
Pacquiao is currently in the U.S. for the 12-day press tour with stops in Macau, Shanghai, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York for his Nov. 22 fight against another unbeaten boxer Chris Algieri in Macau, China. Pacquiao reportedly is enjoying the press tour because they were able to travel around, but he said that everything will get more serious when he enters training camp.
Pacquiao and Algieri will square off for the world welterweight championship event at the Cotai Arena in The Venetian Macao Resort in Macau, China.
Mayweather, on the other hand, will be facing Argentine Marcos Maidana in their rematch at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sept. 12.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Guardiola Mockingly States That Man Utd Does Not Have The Means To Acquire Bayern Munich Players
- Novak Djokovic Stars In A New Commercial For Gerble Sans Gluten et Sans Souci
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS