Manny Pacquiao Says Floyd Mayweather’s Zero Record Means Nothing, Calls American Boxer ‘Uneducated’
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 4, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Manny Pacquiao recently spoke about Floyd Mayweather. He has explained why the much-anticipated fight between him and the unbeaten boxer hasn't happened yet. Pacquiao even followed 50 Cent's lead, calling Mayweather uneducated.
Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines attends a promotional event with his next opponent Chris Algieri of the U.S. (not pictured) at a hotel in downtown Shanghai August 26, 2014. Pacquiao will defend his WBO welterweight title against Algieri at the Venetian's Cotai Arena in Macau on November 22, 2014. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
In an interview with NJ.com's Jerry Izenberg, Pacquiao shared his thoughts on the topic of the fight that boxing fanatics have been longing to witness between him and Mayweather. For Pacquaio, the answer to the question why the super fight wouldn't happen is simple.
"I think he is worried about his (undefeated) record," Pacquiao said. The eight-division world champion said that Mayweather likes to talk about his zero losses, but the American's perfect record means nothing when measured against the opponents he fought. Pacquaio added and said that if Mayweather doesn't defend against the best fighters in the world, his unbeaten record doesn't make sense.
In May, prior Mayweather's fight with Marcos Maidana, Oscar De La Hoya has said that Mayweather's record should be 43-3.
According to Pacquiao, he had already devised a master plan to fight Mayweather if the super fight takes place. The Filipino fighter said he has the know-how and boxing tactics to make Mayweather stand and fight. "I know what his style is all about."
Pacquiao expounded that Mayweather isn't afraid of fighting, but just simply alarmed that spending one night in the ring with him would tarnish his boxing record. Pacquiao said he finally grasped why Mayweather behaves that way.
"What I learned and heard from him, I realise why he is like that."
"I understand sometimes when people are not educated, they just talk the talk."
"He sets a very bad example."
Pacquiao is currently in the U.S. for the 12-day press tour with stops in Macau, Shanghai, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York for his Nov. 22 fight against another unbeaten boxer Chris Algieri in Macau, China. Pacquiao reportedly is enjoying the press tour because they were able to travel around, but he said that everything will get more serious when he enters training camp.
Pacquiao and Algieri will square off for the world welterweight championship event at the Cotai Arena in The Venetian Macao Resort in Macau, China.
Mayweather, on the other hand, will be facing Argentine Marcos Maidana in their rematch at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Sept. 12.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’