Los Angeles Clippers Bolster Bench, Add Ekpe Udoh and Chris Douglas-Roberts
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | September 4, 2014 3:07 PM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers continue to improve their bench a few weeks away from training camp, adding center/forward Ekpe Udoh and wingman Chris Douglas-Roberts to their roster, Marc Spears of Yahoo Sports relays the latest player movement.
Aug 18, 2014; Los Angeles, CA, USA; Los Angeles Clippers owner Steve Ballmer at fan fest at Staples Center.
Udoh will receive a guaranteed one year contract for rouhgly $1 million, a deal around the league minimum salary. He will join a crowded frontcourt that has penciled in DeAndre Jordan and Blake Griffin. Udoh is big bodied banger that will provide some insurance and versatility to the Pacific Division champions Clippers that already has new acquisition Spencer Hawes and newly re-signed Glen "Big Baby" Davis on the roster.
The acquisition of Udoh is a minimum risk, high reward type of move that will provide the interior defense the Clipper sorely needs. Udoh has performed relatively well this past season in the Milwaukee Bucks.While he averaged modest numbers of 3.4 points and 3.5 rebounds, his pick and roll defense shall be counted upon once Jordan is relegated to the best during rest breaks and foul trouble.
The deal has been mentioned for a week or so in Los Angeles and the match makes sense on paper given that Doc Rivers, one of the best motivational coaches, can still extract some potential from the relatively young 24-year-old player from Michigan. He is basically playing for exposure and longer contract since the 1-year deal will make him a free agent again next summer.
The Clippers are also expected to announce the decision to sign Chris Douglas Roberts Wednesday per Dan Woike of the Orange County Register as well as the retaining of the services of Hedo Turkoglu.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report