Hollywood Actors Who Crossed Over To Music And Somehow Made It
By Vanessa Doctor | September 4, 2014 1:45 PM EST
Acting and singing can go together if you have the right background and talent. A few gifted stars managed to build a successful career in both films and music industry, even garnering awards along the way.
Singer Jennifer Lopez performs at the 2011 American Music Awards in Los Angeles
These Hollywood stars are proof multi-tasking works. Some of them are listed as follows:
1. Gwyneth Paltrow
The world realized that Paltrow has talent in singing when she performed in the 2000 movie "Duets" together that was directed by her father. She sang "Cruisin" with Huey Lewis that topped the Australian charts. She also did a cover of "Bette Davis Eyes" that ranked No. 3. She also sang in the movie "Infamous". According to Contactmusic.com, she married Chris Martin, the frontman of Coldplay. Until 2011, she sang in the movie "Country Strong" with Tim McGraw. Every now and then Paltrow continues to display her singing skills while being featured on television and live performances.
2. Taylor Momsen
The 21-year-old actress is best known for her role as Jenny Humphrey on the TV series "Gossip Girl". In between her stints as an actress, Momsen likes to indulge in music. In 2009, she said that her band, The Pretty Reckless, signed a deal with Interscope Records. She had her first tour, being the lead vocals as well as playing rhythm guitar.
3. Jamie Foxx
Foxx started his acting career in 1991. Three years later, he had a debut album entitled "Peep This". His singing and rapping talent was warmly welcomed by fans. According to Biography.com, the Academy Award winner worked with a number of artists, making hits like "Slow Jamz" with Twista and "Gold Digger" with Kanye West. "Gold Digger" became a chart topper. He has released three albums since.
4. Jared Leto
Although Leto was best known as an eye candy for teenagers during his younger years, playing roles in films like "My So-Called Life" and "Urban Legend", the world later realized that he had the vocal chops and musical talent to spearhead a band. In 1998, his rock group "Thirty Seconds to Mars" was born, featuring Leto as lead singer. The band has released four albums and sold over 10 million copies worldwide.
Lopez is an actress, singer, dancer, author, producer and fashion designer. She started out as an actress in 1986 and gained fame through movies like "Selena" and "Jack". She later on established herself as "J. Lo" and featured her debut album entitled "On the 6". Since then, many of her songs became big hits like "Jenny from the Block" and "On the Floor". She continues to perform at present, even singing the official song of the 2014 FIFA World Cup with Pitbull and Claudia Leitte.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report