‘Game of Thrones' ('GOT') Season 5: Major Storyline Omitted For Hodor And Bran Stark, Fans React
By Tanya Diente | September 4, 2014 1:10 PM EST
While fans eagerly anticipate the Season 5 of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones," a few spoilers have so far managed to sneak in online upping their excitement. However, few fans have reportedly already cried "nooo" as they may be saying their farewells to two major characters; to Bran Stark and to the gentle giant Hodor.
George R.R. Martin, author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" fantasy series that is the basis of the television series "Game of Thrones", gestures during his masterclass at the Neuchatel International Fantastic Film Festival (NIFFF) in Neuchatel July 10, 2014.
Yahoo Australia reports actor Kristian Nairn (Hodor) confirmed that he and Isaac Hempstead-Wright (Bran Stark) will not be returning to the new season. He revealed that they both have Season 5 off entirely.
"We have a season off and we have a year's hiatus, solely because I imagine our storyline is up to the end of the books," he said.
Collider claims when fans saw the end of the storyline for both characters in Season 4, they were reportedly wondering how "Game of Thrones" would further expound on Hodor and Bran Stark in Season 5. Apparently, as the site claims, the easy way to answer their query was to put a "pause" on the characters' story.
According to the site, this decision could illicit negative reactions from fans of the two characters, especially of Bran Stark. His story was reportedly left unsolved when Season 4 ended. However, Collider's Adam Chitwood acknowledges the difficulties showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss may be facing in trying to add as many storylines and characters if possible in one season. So it's understandably acceptable to have Bran Stark, Hodor and their "mysterious friends" omitted in Season 5 of "Game of Thrones."
While the gentle giant Hodor is out for a year-long vacation, Kristian Nairn on the other hand has been busy.
According to Yahoo Australia, the 38-year old actor is currently touring the country with his DJ show "Rave of Thrones." The show reportedly caters to all "Game of Thrones" die-hard fans with its "GOT"-themed dance parties. Complete with fire-breathing dragons and "Whitewalkers," Nairn claims his "Rave of Thrones" show is definitely a "dress-up party" where fans are brought together over their interest on the TV show.
"So, I get my year off now to do 'Rave of Thrones' and gallivant all over the world," Nairn said.
Season 5 of "Game of Thrones" premieres on the HBO channel next spring. Meanwhile, below are some fans' reactions posted on Twitter over the news that Bran Stark and Hodor won't be appearing in the new season.
@SchmoesKnow HODOOOOOORRRRR!!! (NOOOOOOOO!!!)
— Tyler Myers (@MyersFTW) September 3, 2014
RT mudassir_05: No Hodor in season 5 of #GoT...NO HODOR WHAT THE HELL — GoT BoT (@SindarElf) September 3, 2014
— Mario Christodoulou (@mariochristo) September 3, 2014
@MarkDiStef @abc730 I will miss Hodor, but nothing else about that storyline. Also by the time they're back Bran will be a grown ass man — Jenna Guillaume (@JennaGuillaume) September 3, 2014
Source: YouTube/Vojtěch Hlaváček
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Watch What Happens When Sheldon Returns To His Apartment [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed