Michael Schumacher’s Health, Not Much Has Changed, Receives Round-The-Clock Nursing Care, Could Reportedly Come Home For Christmas
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 4, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Michael Schumacher reportedly has not improved much since he was transferred to a medical facility to continue his rehabilitation in July. The Formula One (F1) racing legend still receives comprehensive and around-the-clock patient care.
Ferrari Formula One driver Michael Schumacher of Germany celebrates after taking the pole position at the end of the qualifying session for the Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix at the Sakhir racetrack in Manama in this March 11, 2006 file picture.
There wasn't notable progress on the current health condition of Michael, according German news outlets Bunte.de and Colorful. The information was obtained from sources at the medical hospital in Lausanne, where Michael is currently being rehabilitated. Michael still needs constant care all day and all night.
"He was dependent around-the-clock for assistance," Colorful wrote via online translation.
"Nobody is prepared to how long it takes, until all his motor and language skills are restored and when his memories will return."
The bulletin also reported that it is possible that Michael will be brought home for Christmas, approximately a year after his skiing accident.
Michael's family has previously expressed their aspiration to have privacy and to remain out of the limelight. Michael's former Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali said in one of his latest statements that he remains in close contact with the 45-year-old German's family. He said he was told that Schumacher was exhibiting continuous, albeit small, progress.
"I know that we all hope that this terrible waiting will end in the best way," Domenicali said. "Unfortunately, we just have to wait."
As Michael continues to recuperate, his wife Corinna has been making some rare public appearances since it was announced that he had woken up from coma. She was pictured all smiles at a Reining Reiter event in Switzerland and at the World Equestrian Games in France.
Recently, Corinna has said in a letter she sent to a young boy who authored the book "Ferrari Adventures" that her husband is a fighter and will never give up.
It has more than eight months since the accident but Michael still receives words of support and messages from his fans. The hashtag "KeepFightingMichael" continues to trend on Twitter.
Just over 8 months since Schumacher's accident, very proud fan to read that he's still fighting #KeepFightingMichael— Jess Thornicroft (@PitLane_Pass) September 3, 2014
Michael's skiing accident has left him in a coma for six months due to the head trauma injuries that he suffered in the tragedy. He has regained consciousness in June and was transferred to Lausanne hospital. However, Michael still faces a time-consuming path toward full recovery.
MORE SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier