'Driveclub' vs. 'Forza Horizon 2': Week 7 Cars Revealed As New Snowy Weather And Hi-Res Snapshots Get Teased Again
By Gel Galang | September 4, 2014 12:50 PM EST
The first "Forza Horzon 2" car list reveal for September packs a lot of vehicles meant for performance on the road as the game comes closer to unveiling the 200 cars slated to arrive on launch day.
A man plays a video game on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console at its showroom in Tokyo July 16, 2014. Japan's Sony Corp is hammering out plans to rise from the ashes of nearly $10 billion lost in six years by building a future around its last consumer electronics blockbuster - the PlayStation. Sony plans to reposition the video console warhorse as a hub for a network of streamed services, according to three senior officials, offering social media, movies and music as well as games. The executives spoke to Reuters on condition they not be named because the matters are still in early stages of discussion. Picture taken July 16, 2014.
‘Titanfall’ Game Update Six Brings Pilot Vs. Pilot Action As Respawn Preps To Move On To Other Projects
‘Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare’ Shows Off More Plot Details, Split Screen and PS4, Xbox One Bundle Updates
All of the cars listed for this week have reportedly been built from scratch for the Xbox One, with choices ranging from cars to tricks to Ferraris. Speed is just one of the things players can expect once "Forza Horizon 2" launches on Sept. 30.
Meanwhile, here are the cars unveiled for this week via the Xbox Wire:
- 2013 Ram Runner
- 1984 Ferrari GTO
- 2012 Jaguar XKR-S
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
- 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed
- 1969 Dodge Charger R/T
- 1969 Ferrari Dino 246 GT
- 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
- 2005 Ford GT
- 2010 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 670-4 SV
- 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLR
- 2011 McLaren 12C
- 1961 Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz G 65 AMG
- 2012 Ultima GTR.
Check out the snapshots of some of the new cars in the link above.
New Radio Station Coming To 'Forza Horizon 2'
In addition, audiophiles who are looking to hear some great tunes while driving would be happy to know that Hospital Records Radio has collaborated with Microsoft and Playground Games in creating the radio station slated to debut in "Forza Horizon 2."
For the Hospital Records Radio station, fans will get to hear the likes of London Elektricity and Hospital M.D. Chris Goss. There will also be new music from Metrik and Nu:Tone as well as a soundtrack from Med School's Keeno. Some of the tracks coming from Hospital Records Radio is listed in the link here.
'Driveclub' Info On Snow And Pre-orders
The PS4's exclusive racing title, "Driveclub," is also shaping up quite nicely for its October release dates—Sept. 7 in North America, Sept. 8 in Europe and September 10 in the U.K.—with new information teased by game director Paul Rustchynsky. DualShockers was able to collate all of the tweets that contained new information and teasers.
Some of the new tidbits on "Driveclub" involve teasing the snowy weather, which Rustchynsky revealed that the team was trying to capture in video so they can show it to fans at the soonest time possible.
Not only that, the source also mentions custom soundtracks are also in the works with the added feature of having the ability for them to be read straight from a USB. However, support from the PS4 is still needed for that to happen, so it may take a while until the firmware system update makes it happen.
To cap it all off, The Sixth Axis has managed to land new 1,080p screenshots from "Driveclub" featuring shots while in the driver's seat and from behind the car. Check out the images in the link above.
(Credit: YouTube/RajmanGaming HD)
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports