MasterChef's Aussie Mansion Sold for $5 Million
By Revathi Siva Kumar | September 4, 2014 12:45 PM EST
The mansion in which the latest batch of the MasterChef TV hit show on Channel 10 was filmed has been bought by an investor. Many say that the buyer is China-based.
Last week, the deed was done. The sale of 323 St Kilda Street, Brighton, where the competitors were housed for the finals, was completed. The real estate dealers of property have estimated that it may have garnered over $5 million.
Sprawled on a huge 1,883 sq-m block, the house nestles near Port Phillip Bay. The palatial building, swept into creation by designer Peter Carmichael and constructed by Everclear, is as good as it looks. It is a modern mansion, with six bedrooms and four bathrooms, a home cinema and a play room. The hub of the house for the competition is the kitchen and wine cellar. There is also a swimming pool shaped like a half-moon, spa, gym, and a beach shore on one end of the street. The huge, square-metre garage houses six cars. "It is a home of substance and status," Marshall White agent Michael Paproth says, according to news.com.
Featured in a 'For sale' list with Michael Paproth from Marshall White in Albert Park, there were a lot of rumours that were attached to it earlier. The grapevine murmured that the house had an asking price of $5 million-plus.
On the Marshall White marketing brochure, the beautiful and expansive house was described in detail. The "un-paralleled luxury levels...dramatic, dynamic spaces...equally memorable alfresco areas while a Miele equipped kitchen, filled with northern light, meets contemporary needs with evident elegance and efficiency", said the brochure.
One of the added plus points of MasterChef has indeed been the house. Many hundreds came for the audition. The best 24 home cooks were searched for and filtered by the judges, Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris and Matt Preston. They joined the MasterChef Australia kitchen in the sixth of the series, which was second in Melbourne.
All the contestants were in the race to win the award of $250,000, a publishing grant, some assignments in the top kitchens of Australia and an Alfa Romeo Giulietta. But experiencing the house was also an attraction.
Toured regularly through the screen by viewers of the TV show, the house was lauded for its graceful, massive but elegant, lines. It was part of the wish list that drew everyone. Just getting into a cookbook competition against the background of the house made the TV reality show supremely attractive.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Australia's Chance Of El Niño Rises To 70%; Heatwaves And Drought To Persist
- ISIS War to Last For 4 Years; US Military Shows Videos of Airstrikes Hitting Militant Base [VIDEO]
- Australia Joins Global Effort to Stop Russian Website From Illegally Streaming Web Cam Feeds
- Woman Gets Killed After Falling Off Cliff During Expedition Near Mermaid Pool
- ‘Drunk Girl in Public' Actress Apologises; Actor Tells Dr. Drew He Thought It Was Comedy Skit
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports