Maria Shriver Had Secret Affair Before Arnold Schwarzenegger’s Infidelity Was Exposed – Report
By Anne Lu | September 4, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Maria Shriver wasn’t the innocent victim in her marriage with Arnold Schwarzenegger as people believed her to be, according to a new report. The former First Lady of California was allegedly in a relationship with her husband’s lead campaign strategist before Schwarzenegger’s old affair with their housekeeper was disclosed to the public.
In 2011, Schwarzenegger’s long-ended affair with the family’s housekeeper, Patty Baena, had been exposed. The Los Angeles Times revealed that the action superstar fathered a son with Baena more than 14 years earlier. The revelation was reported a few days after Shriver and Schwarzenegger ended their 25-year marriage.
Shriver, 58, wasn’t the only betrayed party in the married couple’s relationship, though.
According to Page Six, Shriver had been unfaithful to Schwarzenegger as well while they weren’t separated yet.
She recently stepped out with political analyst Matthew Dowd, whom she has reportedly dating for months already. But sources told the NY Post that their relationship actually started before Schwarzenegger’s affair with the maid was exposed.
“Maria likes to make it appear that she’s the victim, but she’s not,” a source told the site. “The [idea] that they started dating recently is ridiculous.”
Their relationship apparently began in 2006 while Dowd was working on Schwarzenegger’s gubernatorial re-election campaign in California.
“There was a lot of flirtation,” a campaign staffer claimed. “They frequently spent time alone, and Arnold was rarely, if ever, around when they were together. She had a unique banter with [Dowd] and lit up when he was around. HE was comfortable poking fun at her, and she would slap him teasingly.”
Schwarzenegger, 67, eventually found out, and pushed Dowd out of his inner circle. Staffers had to choose which side to take, Schwarzenegger’s or Shriver’s. Even after The Governator won the re-election, his wife and Dowd’s affair continued.
And when his own affair with Baena was made public in 2011, his top aide told ex-staffers to stay mum on Shriver’s affair with Dowd, and therefore made it seem that he singlehandedly ruined his marriage.
“He did not want the dirty laundry out there,” a source said.
Dowd, 53, denied the allegations to The Post, saying he was just good friends with Shriver.
Schwarzenegger and Shriver were married in 1986 and have yet to finalise their divorce. They have four children together.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles