HTC One E8 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 4, 2014 12:21 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One E8 or the LG G3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A new HTC Android-based smartphone Sensation is displayed during a news conference for the launch of the product in Taipei May 27, 2011. The mobile phone which was launched on Friday, features a 4.3 inch display screen and is priced at NT20,900 or ($725). REUTERS/Pichi Chuang
Display and Design
The HTC One E8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixels display density compared to the 441 ppi pixels display density on the HTC One E8.
The HTC One E8 measures 146.42 x 70.76 x 9.85 mm and weighs 145 grams. The LG G3 has a similar design. The device measures 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm and weighs 149 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One E8 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.46 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The HTC One E8 has 2 GB of RAM and the LG G3 comes in 2 GB and 3 GB RAM variants. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The HTC One E8 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual LED falsh. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The HTC One E8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 26 hours and 40 minutes on 3G. The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One E8 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $559.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
HTC One E8 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand