HTC One E8 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 4, 2014 12:21 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One E8 or the LG G3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A new HTC Android-based smartphone Sensation is displayed during a news conference for the launch of the product in Taipei May 27, 2011. The mobile phone which was launched on Friday, features a 4.3 inch display screen and is priced at NT20,900 or ($725). REUTERS/Pichi Chuang
Display and Design
The HTC One E8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixels display density compared to the 441 ppi pixels display density on the HTC One E8.
The HTC One E8 measures 146.42 x 70.76 x 9.85 mm and weighs 145 grams. The LG G3 has a similar design. The device measures 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm and weighs 149 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One E8 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.46 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The HTC One E8 has 2 GB of RAM and the LG G3 comes in 2 GB and 3 GB RAM variants. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The HTC One E8 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual LED falsh. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The HTC One E8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 26 hours and 40 minutes on 3G. The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One E8 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $559.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
HTC One E8 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Holds Own Black Friday 2014 Sale As More The Dark Below Details Get Revealed
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- The Pirate Bay Down In The US: TPB Crew Resolved The Routing Issues
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report