HTC One E8 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | September 4, 2014 12:21 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the HTC One E8 or the LG G3, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A new HTC Android-based smartphone Sensation is displayed during a news conference for the launch of the product in Taipei May 27, 2011. The mobile phone which was launched on Friday, features a 4.3 inch display screen and is priced at NT20,900 or ($725). REUTERS/Pichi Chuang
Display and Design
The HTC One E8 comes with a 5-inch Super LCD3 capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, which translates into a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixels display density compared to the 441 ppi pixels display density on the HTC One E8.
The HTC One E8 measures 146.42 x 70.76 x 9.85 mm and weighs 145 grams. The LG G3 has a similar design. The device measures 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm and weighs 149 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The HTC One E8 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.46 GHz quad core Krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android KitKat operating system. The HTC One E8 has 2 GB of RAM and the LG G3 comes in 2 GB and 3 GB RAM variants. In terms of computing power, both the devices are about the same.
The HTC One E8 sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 5 MP. The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual LED falsh. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP.
The HTC One E8 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 26 hours and 40 minutes on 3G. The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The HTC One E8 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 and the LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $559.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
HTC One E8 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- The Release of Xperia Z3 is Nearing Sony Slashes Price of the Xperia Z2 by $200
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- The Best Smartphones Yet To Release in 2014
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown